2010 lr4 Bluetooth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tnlr4

Reaction score
Is it possible to have Bluetooth for media? It connects to my phone for phonecalls but can't get media. I bought the ipod 30pin Bluetooth adapter it shows up on my phone and I connect to Bluetooth but still don't get any media from it. Didn't know if there was an upgrade for it for music.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No media on any trim level. Use a bluetooth adapter that plugs into the USB in the center console.

Whoops I see you have tried that. Search the forum and a workable adapter (if still made) should turn up.

Tnlr4

Reaction score
I didn't use a Bluetooth USB. I used Bluetooth that connect to the 30pin ipod harness. I'm going to just plug in the aux cable. Not worth the hassle of trying to spend the money to find the right stuff to work for Bluetooth

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run a really old ipod into the 30 pin. It gives me control to swap songs. USB bluetooth works too.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
I didn't want to spend $100+ on a bovee unit just for bluetoof. I ended up getting a bluetooth fm tuner that plugs into the cigarette socket. Phone connects via bluetooth and car connects via fm station. My phone's bluetooth is set to Land Rover bluetooth for phone calls while audio is to the fm tuner. Not the greatest in audio quality, but just works for under $20.

kenk

Reaction score
The Bovee 1000 adapter seems like the easiest, but not cheap, way to get Bluetooth music and other audio but it doesn’t support phone audio. It’s what I have and it works great.

Phone audio directly pairs to Land Rover Bluetooth and use code 2121 to pair.

Bovee 1000 Bundle with RR iPod Integration Cable Kit for Range Rover, Land Rover, Jaguar Wireless Audio Interface Car Kit for in car iPod Integration https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N9EQ5P...abc_80WXVC35T21P7FMKPDQC?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to have Bluetooth for media? It connects to my phone for phonecalls but can't get media. I bought the ipod 30pin Bluetooth adapter it shows up on my phone and I connect to Bluetooth but still don't get any media from it. Didn't know if there was an upgrade for it for music.

I've done a few writeups on the Kinivo BTC 450 (now available as 460 and 480) which I used and loved in my 2011 LR4. Yes it has a cord that goes from the AUX and power port in the back of the center console. But the cord is very thin and easily tucked into trim slots. I positioned the master button near my start/stop button and reaching for it became very quick and intuitive. It handled both my handsfree phone calls and my streaming music quite well.

Best $30 I spent on that vehicle. Search the terms above here in the forum for more info and photos.

Matt Broadway

Reaction score
I use a Tunai Firefly - $35 bucks on Amazon.. plugs into USB under armrest and a cable runs to AUX just behind. Works a charm. You will just need an aux cable extension so it reaches behind the armrest.

Advantage of this over the Kinivo is you don't need to provide power - its draws from the usb plug and is tiny.. very minimalist install.

https://www.amazon.com/Firefly-Bluetooth-Receiver-Smallest-Streaming/dp/B01HDO66NK/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3MAKDRO2DXIFZ&dchild=1&keywords=tunai+firefly+bluetooth+receiver&qid=1612382228&sprefix=tunai,aps,154&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=A3MSDM2P63S2VI&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExQUpOMUgyMTBTSzJVJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzA2MTE2MUM1MTZLVjFFVFdIUSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjY1MDA3MkpETEM0UDdUWk5LTCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

kfsinc

Reaction score
I second the Kinovo -- use it on my LR3. Works very well, easy to use and integrates phone/media/GPS from my iPhone into the Aux port. My button/microphone is down low on the center console but still provides very good pick-up.

As a bonus, simply asking Siri to play my favorite radio station (93XRT Chicago), and many other stations for that matter, gives me voice controlled radio.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72