2011 LR4 Misfire/rough idle

Discussion in 'LR4' started by TheDave, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Pfunk951

Pfunk951 Full Access Member

I has this issue, and threw the misfire codes.. It turned out to be my injectors; the dealership replaced all of them.. I think that the computer just reports the banks, not the individual injector failures, so they usually replace all instead of bench testing all of them..

My warranty company actually sent an inspector to the dealership to verify this, and the dealer showed them that bench testing would cost more in labor than a new set would cost, so the guy conceded..

Mike

2. TheDave

TheDave Member

@Pfunk951 Did you only throw codes on one entire bank? I’m going to replace the oxygen sensor tomorrow morning (suggested at 100k miles, so needs to be done anyway I suppose) and see if that helps. It just seems strange that all 4 injectors on one bank went bad at the same time, but I can’t say I know much about these specific motors.

3. Pfunk951

Pfunk951 Full Access Member

AFAIK the codes read only "right bank" or "left bank" so you can only narrow down failures to the respective side. It would be nice to have them say "cylinder 6" but I think it correlates data from the O2 sensors, which are only left and right. I had codes on both sides- the dealership said that means I had at least 1 injector on each side failing. Finding out which one takes bench testing of the individual injectors, and the dealership's stance was screw that nonsense and replace 'em all..

Let us know if the O2s make a difference..!

Mike

TheDave likes this.
  4. djkaosone

djkaosone Full Access Member

Its a PITA, but you can access it easier by removing the plastic covers between the wheel and motor. It'll give you access from the side while under the rig. You don't have to remove the wheel to do this, but you can and access it from the side as well.

TheDave likes this.