2012 LR4 HSE Speaker Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JangoSW

Reaction score
If your really thinking about the amp I have found the whole set of speakers along with the amp listed for a very good price I can include the link. I’m not going to lie I was going to keep the secret to myself but I realized that I probably won’t end up doing it ever and it wouldn’t be right to pull that. Let me know if you want the link to it and I’ll send it. Also I’m not completely sure but I noticed that the connectors for the old and new speakers are different so just a heads up you will probably have to solder a bit.
Thanks Jimmy. I have the correct amp and I’m having a guy make a factory add on harness to accommodate the rear speakers. I need to edit the CCF to turn on the Logic 7 and it should be all done.

JangoSW

Reaction score
Did you found out about the speakers front and rear? I have a 2012 HSE and was thinking about doing the same thing.
Another update, the center speaker is dead wired and stops behind the glove box area. You need to continue it to the rear cargo area and get harnessed into the amp.

Tapps33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I know it’s been a while since we visited this thread, but I have an update I’d like to share...

To remind everyone, I’ve got a 2010 LR4 with the 400W Logic 7 system.

We were discussing an amp swap from a 12’ and up 825 watt system into the earlier year models. Well.....I bought the amp and when swapping, this is what I found:

d071ee0e6bfacda32d6837a3e3213d57.jpg

The amp on top is the 2010 variant, and the amp on the bottom is the 2012 variant.

So, long story short, unless you’re willing to chop the harness and splice new connectors on, the different year model amps won’t directly swap. That said, I’ll have to go back in and look at the wiring diagram and see if there’s any difference in the connector pinouts aside from the shape/size.

It really sucks as I was looking forward to the power bump!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JangoSW

Reaction score
Hey guys! I know it’s been a while since we visited this thread, but I have an update I’d like to share...

To remind everyone, I’ve got a 2010 LR4 with the 400W Logic 7 system.

We were discussing an amp swap from a 12’ and up 825 watt system into the earlier year models. Well.....I bought the amp and when swapping, this is what I found:

d071ee0e6bfacda32d6837a3e3213d57.jpg

The amp on top is the 2010 variant, and the amp on the bottom is the 2012 variant.

So, long story short, unless you’re willing to chop the harness and splice new connectors on, the different year model amps won’t directly swap. That said, I’ll have to go back in and look at the wiring diagram and see if there’s any difference in the connector pinouts aside from the shape/size.

It really sucks as I was looking forward to the power bump!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Let me ask the guy who helped me if there is a fix for this.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM