2012 LR4 Speaker Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robin Parsons

Reaction score
Godard? Jave the same problem with left and right doors on 2014. Both tweak from being blown, mostly with audio books or telephone speech, very annoying. Both have been replaced once. Does anyone know a higher wattage/better quality speakers to avoid having to do this again?

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reaction score
weird, i was just thinking about replacing a couple of my door speakers and tailgate subwoofer.
i cant find any information on what ohms to get though.

for the lowest speaker in the doors i was considering:
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-L06lp...AnFCL23gn0zdEtftfe9FrhVxvYaV6CbxoC1skQAvD_BwE

for the tailgate sub:
https://www.mtx.com/35-series-3510-04s-10-300-watt-rms-4ohm-car-audio-shallow-subwoofer

does anyone have any info of the ohms for the OEM logic7 system?
Did you get the subwoofer for your tailgate? Mine sounds terrible and I think I will replace it since I just replaced the upper tailgate actuator and have the speaker exposed. Looking for a replacement speaker but not sure if using non OEM parts require additional workimgs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get the subwoofer for your tailgate? Mine sounds terrible and I think I will replace it since I just replaced the upper tailgate actuator and have the speaker exposed. Looking for a replacement speaker but not sure if using non OEM parts require additional workimgs.

Not yet.
I plan to use non oem parts, and I'm sure a minor wiring terminal changes will be needed.

From my understanding, a 10" low profile subwoofer is needed. The issue is, I'm not sure what ohms to use.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you check the impedance of the existing subwoofer with a multimeter?

Reaction score
Not yet.
I plan to use non oem parts, and I'm sure a minor wiring terminal changes will be needed.

From my understanding, a 10" low profile subwoofer is needed. The issue is, I'm not sure what ohms to use.
In piecing together from other threads on this site I have seen people using 4 ohm

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM