2012 LR4 Trunk Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AceRider

Reaction score
OK, on the plastic sides of the trunk/third row seating area there are a number of cutouts/slots:

- There are two recesses to mount the cargo cover mechanism, one just behind second row and another further back, maybe behind where third row would be if I recall.
- There are two slots to retain the cargo cover screen, as I recall
- Then there are these two large hook looking things, one on each side, about two inches long, hook faces up with a cutout surrounding the hook right through the plastic trim in an upside down U shape. What are these for?

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed this yesterday as well, I'm also curious.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am guessing they are hooks / retainers for some cargo area accessory, perhaps the loadspace protector.

accoly_us_l319_002bt_vplas0002.jpg

AceRider

Reaction score
I thought about that, but there don't seem to be any other hooks; so that didn't seem like the obvious answer, but maybe it is. They are just plastic tabs, so they don't seem like they could support any weight.

Also, if you look at it in your vehicle, "hook" is a poor description, but I don't know what else you would call these things that I'm referring to.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo