2015 LR4/Discovery 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just emailed my dealer. My MY14 is on order scheduled to be delivered in sept - same date the article says 2015 will begin arriving. Don't see see the factory building both model years at the same time, and the delivery dates are so similar I'm wondering what is happening with current orders.

Just heard back:

The 2015 model of the LR4 has only been announced in Europe and is not for the U.S. market. 2015 LR4 orders will not be available in the US until the end of the year at the earliest.​

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aren't they all built at the same factory?

So they will be churning out '14 models for the US, while at the same time '15 models for Europe? Makes no sense.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just heard back:

The 2015 model of the LR4 has only been announced in Europe and is not for the U.S. market. 2015 LR4 orders will not be available in the US until the end of the year at the earliest.​

So the link to the official press release by Land Rover North America posted on the previous page, with US prices and detailed info and specs about the upcoming MY2015, is just a cruel joke at our expense? Maybe forward the link to them as well and take them out of their misery.

Whatever a Land Rover dealer tells you about an upcoming model year - from availability date to specs - is complete bulls**t about 99.999% of the times, and I am probably being generous. We are way more informed than they are.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My immediate observation was they (the sales assistant) got spooked that I even brought it up and are concerned i'm ready to back out (no deposit down on the order I have ongoing with them) so they threw me the "there is only one choice for you" comment.

Apparently they don't realize the enormous effort I went through to order a MY2014 LR4 from them means I really do want a MY2014 LR4.

PS
Oh I wish I did not have to deal with dealerships, just let me enjoy my damn LR4 without the mind games and secrecy. At least I hold the ultimate "take a hike" card but the fact is it's near impossible to get a built to order LR4 these days and they know it which is why it's a take msrp with no negotiation kind of deal. Just today my wife had to deal with a honda dealership about an in warranty odyssey battery that was flakey this morning and the car didn't start the first few tries. After making my wife feel like she doesn't know what she's talking about or has ever driven a vehicle and insisting the battery must be fine because the car eventually started, lo and behold they tested the battery and it threw up error codes requiring a recharge.

Last edited:

eye.surgeon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before you get your ******* in a knot remember LRs near term strategy....the LR/Discovery is moving upmarket to fill the void left by the now stratospherically expensive Range Rover. The off-road purists will have a new family of off-road oriented vehicles soon, slotted below Discovery.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before you get your ******* in a knot remember LRs near term strategy....the LR/Discovery is moving upmarket to fill the void left by the now stratospherically expensive Range Rover. The off-road purists will have a new family of off-road oriented vehicles soon, slotted below Discovery.

Define "soon." ?

What they really need is just a de-featured LR4. They don't need an entire new platform. Just take out some of the glitz but give us the same size vehicle with the same capabilities!

This company and their NA Marketing continues to boggle my mind...

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What void, are expecting the RR price to increase creating a void for the LR4 to fill?

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have read on other forums that the factory retools for new MYs from July/August.
My order went in end of May scheduled for delivery end of August.
It's likely that I'll be getting part of the last batch of MY14s.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with Umberto above, dealerships typically do not know anything more than us on this forum and love to feed you a line of crap. Don't get me wrong, I have a good relationship with my dealership and they are pretty up front with me, but they are still a bunch of sales people. I am very curious to see the future of Land Rover and how it evolves (not even sure if that's the right word). It's a bit hard for me to really envision the changes (or even like them) since I am pretty old fashioned and purist about Land Rovers.

On a slightly different note, but related to the changing scene of Land Rover, my mom is currently visting me from MA. Yesterday when we were walking the dogs I pointed out a 2014 Range Rover Sport (it was a higher end trim package with SCV8) to her and she said, "Oh, that doesn't look like your Land Rover. It looks just like that Ford SUV. The back is ugly and it does not look like a Range Rover." My mom is 55 and not a car enthusiast, so it was interesting to get her opinion. It was almost as if she was let down, where as in the past when I pointed out a nicely appointed Range Rover Sport and she thought it was very sharp and special.

Oh well.

eye.surgeon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What void, are expecting the RR price to increase creating a void for the LR4 to fill?

My first MkIII Range Rover cost 80k. Check out the prices of MkiVs, if you can even find them. Dealers aren't even ordering models built out less than 100k. There is a LWB autobiography here in Fresno listed at $250k!!! Theoretically you can still order a stripper sub-HSE for reasonable money, but you will never find one on a lot and good luck getting an order spot for it. Range Rovers are now competing with Bentley for customers. That leaves the LR4 to fill the void.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick