Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig Fialkowski

Reaction score
Hi, Sorry, new to the forum and hoping someone can shed some light on the situation.

I brought the truck to the dealer this morning due to low coolant warning and the smell of burning antifreeze.
They said the water pump bearings are wearing and it's leaking slightly. They will replace under warranty. Here's the kick.
They said there are 2 hoses leaking as well, and require that the top of the motor be removed along with the supercharger in order to get to the hoses.
The hoses are about $600 and the total cost including labor $2,200

I think I'm getting hosed. No pun intended.

Are there hoses that require the entire top of the motor to be removed? Seems a bit extreme.

Thanks

TexasFashionista

Reaction score
I have a 2015 RR Sport SC and just picked my car up from the mechanic 2 days ago for this very same issue. I came here to see if I got hosed because my bill was $2320 and I didn’t take it to the dealership, so I can only imagine what they would’ve charged. I was told that my hoses survived so they didn’t need to be replaced. I couldn’t help but feel taken advantage of when I left so I came here to get an idea of what an average cost for this repair should’ve been. You’ve helped me realize that I probably did pay the going rate. This main thing they told me is that they have to take out the SC kit to replace the water pump and then put it back on and it’s time consuming. I was told that the SC kit has to be removed in order to get in to check the condition of the hoses. Like I said, mine were fine, it that only saved me about $130 off of what they originally quoted me..$2450. Oh and to clarify, my coolant low light came on, I put coolant in it and 2-3 months later it would come on again. I went through a bottle of coolant over the course of 9 months and they told me that I was lucky because some people go through a bottle in 9 days. Please let me know how your situation turns out. I’ve only owned this car for a year and I’ve spent $4,000 so far on 2 Tires, this repair and one service which is ridiculous, but I can’t help it...I STILL LOVE this car!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72