21 MPG not bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think we will see an oil burner in the LR4 here in the sates; at least during this model run. I would speculate that maybe the replacement for the LR4 would have one.

Rob

SHS4

Reaction score
I knew the 21 mpg sounded to good to be true for the V8. Not that I didn't believe you. It all makes sense now that you pointed out the oil-burner fact.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew the 21 mpg sounded to good to be true for the V8. Not that I didn't believe you. It all makes sense now that you pointed out the oil-burner fact.

I got 21 mpg on average from SF to LA mostly cruising at 70 mph - V8. Too good to be true? It is true.

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
I got 21 mpg on average from SF to LA mostly cruising at 70 mph - V8. Too good to be true? It is true.

Zero chance. Unless you calculate your mileage like LRNewbie does (i.e., eyeball the fuel gauge and use a lower-than-actual tank capacity). Then I believe it.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zero chance. Unless you calculate your mileage like LRNewbie does (i.e., eyeball the fuel gauge and use a lower-than-actual tank capacity). Then I believe it.

I definitley beleive it. I am averaging (according to the computer) about 17.6 mpg and that is with local and some high way driving.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mileage close to that too. I did both manual calculation and the computer. They were within 2 tenths of a MPG of each other. I would easily get 19 driving on the hwy, but I figured it was mainly due to my driving style and how flat the groung is in Nebraska. The truck can do very well with better than expected numbers on the hwy during the summer. Winter is another story...

Rob

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did have one tank that got in the low 20's -- that was coming home from the mountains going around 60 downhill. :biggrin:

I would estimate that I usually drive 80% city, 20% highway. I'll get around 17/18 mpg on the computer, and about 15/16 with manual calculations.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Even with a +/- margin of error it's still amazing mpg for the LR4 specs.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of mileage does gfcronus get in his LR4? Oh that's right he doesn't have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99