95 RR County Classic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

jeeptorover

Hey to all, Looking at the purchase of above vehicle, but I've been stumped by a suspension question. The RR has a coil spring suspension, which I assume is a swap from the original EAS system. Will the new suspension negatively affect shifting or overall drivability? As a former jeep enthusiast, I've more comfortable with a static suspension (EAS seems too error prone), but I don't want to be fooling with the designer's intentions. Will the springs change any of the ways 4H/4L are engaged or other steering/manueverability? Does anyone have any feedback on vehicle's potential longevity, as I'd like to use the RR as daily commuter?

The owner wants $9500, whigh seems mighty high considering mileage (137k). Thanks for your help.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Price does seem kind of high, but the EAS is a problem child to say the least. The spring will do nothing but good for the RRC.

If I was in the market for a 95 RRC with that high of mileage I wouldn't offer more than $7500 a the most...

I am sure you can find several things wrong with it and rust to support dropping the price.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure, wasn't '95 a transition year for coil to air springs? Does he say they are OEM? I had a '95 LWB with air, but I would have preferred coil.
As far as the price, I think it's way high, by about $5000. There is a '99 (yes, it's mine) for sale with 1/2 the miles for nearly the same price.

Y

yieldsign2

95 was not a transition year. I believe all classics after 92 had air suspension standard. I believe there was a factory conversion kit available, and i know there is one from Rovers North, and the like. It would be considered OEM as the springs are OEM springs and the setup is the same. It's a pretty straightforward conversion.

A good working air suspension is superior to the STOCK coil sprung setup but "good working" is the problem. Coil is probably the best way to go, its nice not coming out to your driveway in the morning and seeing the rover on it's bumpstops..

D

doboy

I drive a 95 RR County LWB and for 6 months now have had a coil replacement kit. The EAS did go out on me (the computer died, or so the stealership tells me). So far, I've encountered no problems. I have tried low range for a little bit and it seems fine, but I don't use my RR in low range extensively.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM