AC condenser, leaking into the passenger footwell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tolgauysal

Reaction score
hi all,, need some HELP!!!

my ac condenser seems to be leaking into the footwell, ive read that the condenser drain pipe gets clogged from time to time,, make sense with all the mud ive been going through

has anyone had issues like this ? also does anyone know where the drain pipes are located under the car, i cant seem to find them

unfortunately when i run the AC no water comes out the bottom ( only from the footwells)

thanks again for the help everyone

i have a 2013 110

Bethany

Reaction score
That is a very common issue, especially in D2s. I know you said you have a different model.

I gingerly disconnect the drain tube and insert a wire to clean it out. On my D2, I have to do this a couple times per year.

prattyroxoz

Reaction score
This happened to my Freelander 2 so not sure if it applies to the Defender. Google.... Freelander leaky AC drain hose fix .... for pictures on the 4x4 site

The drain 'pipe' (more of a small hose) was accessed by removing the panels in the interior between the footwells. There was an AC condensate pipe join that when blocked drains into the footwell rather than outside.

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my A/C recharged and now I noticed a small puddle of water in my driveway. It's water. Not coolant, not oil, plain water. I took a bit of toilet paper and let it drip onto it. No smell. No color. No oiliness. Could this be from a drain pipe?

In the pics below, you can see a drop of water on the pipe, but it is dropping from above, hitting the pipe, rolling down the side, forming a drop and then falling to the inclined driveway. By the way, it has stopped now.

Attachments

• Water drop puddle.jpg
    Water drop puddle.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Water drop pipe.jpg
    Water drop pipe.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 64

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Whatever it is, seems to be a non-issue. Rig is running fine and I don't see any more water puddles underneath. I just don't know where the A/C condenser is supposed to drain. If that's the right location, then it looks like it is just another false alarm.

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Whatever it is, seems to be a non-issue. Rig is running fine and I don't see any more water puddles underneath. I just don't know where the A/C condenser is supposed to drain. If that's the right location, then it looks like it is just another false alarm.

Perfectly normal.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA