Accent LED Light Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdparkes

Reaction score
My wife and I are shopping for a new LR4 and I saw that there was additional LED Accent light Kit available through Land Rover Acessories. Has anyone installed this? If so can you post a pic?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey jdparkes,

I actually looked into it, but is definitely not worth the price for the OEM kit. I know these are DRL and require installation. I know there are likely aftermarket LED accent lights available as well, but so far I haven't read of anyone actually installing them on their LR4. Maybe you can get the dealership to throw in these LED lights as a bonus? ;-)

Keep us posted!

-David

jdparkes

Reaction score
I was shooting for the set of rubber mats ans load space mat.... I would be happy with at cost. I'll try.

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VPLAV0066
MSRP is $ 874 plus tax plus installation plus labor.
on sale online at land rover niello for $777.
They are for 2012 only.

Someone must be crazy or burning cash for heating to buy that...

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VPLAV0066
MSRP is $ 874 plus tax plus installation plus labor.
on sale online at land rover niello for $777.
They are for 2012 only.

Someone must be crazy or burning cash for heating to buy that...
agreed. pretty pricey for LED bars. they are about 30 bux on ebay.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
agreed. pretty pricey for LED bars. they are about 30 bux on ebay.
I agree completely! $700+ dollars (or more) is nuts for 2 LED bars that look like they are not even that noticeable. Personally, I wish they would use the brighter LED accent lights on the headlight rings - sort of like on the Audis or Range Rover Evoque. They look cool, but definitely could be brighter!

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW! I just saw the picture and I must admit they look like $600 too much (and I am a sucker for buyimg useless crap). Anyone here actually had them insatlled and can post a "real" picture instead of the LR brochure pic? Now I am curious to see how they look.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW! I just saw the picture and I must admit they look like $600 too much (and I am a sucker for buyimg useless crap). Anyone here actually had them insatlled and can post a "real" picture instead of the LR brochure pic? Now I am curious to see how they look.
I have never seen them in real life, but I don't think the are worth more than a $100 bucks. The guy at the dealership told me that no one has ever requested them and he thought they were pretty dull in person.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After looking over the pricing for most of LR's accessories, the price of these doesn't surprise me. Everything they sell is above market in price. Do they claim to have superior performance (doubtful)? Do they want to keep the brand prestige elevated through pricey accessories sales (maybe)? Maybe they just think people buying their cars are dumb enough to just throw down the extra cash for them and not really care. In a competitive market place, I just don't understand this rationale. I will soon be buying the extended roof rails and trailer hitch, but that will likely be the extent of my OEM accessories purchases.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72