After market backup Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avraja

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2010 LR4 HSE with 10,000 miles. only issue is that it does not have a backup camera. Anyone installed the backup camera which can work with the center console Navigation system ?

Appreciate any pointers to where I can buy and get it installed in the SF bay area.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just purchased a 2010 LR4 HSE with 10,000 miles. only issue is that it does not have a backup camera. Anyone installed the backup camera which can work with the center console Navigation system ?

Appreciate any pointers to where I can buy and get it installed in the SF bay area.
I am in the SF Bay area as well. I think someone on here at one point installed an aftermarket camera, but I believe (don't quote me) that he had to have a separate screen??? I bet there must be a way.

-David

RoverGuy7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The nav screen has an input for a backup camera, even if the car was not fitted. Its a matter of having one installed (with ignition power, not reverse power) and having the vehicles configuration file set to 'Backup Camera Fitted'.
Any Land Rover dealership, or specialized shop with the factory diag equipment can do this, but you may hear that they aren't able to, or they do not know how. A lot of people are a little weary of anything aftermarket.

MadHattersLR4

Reaction score
I too have the same issue you had. Ive gone to navtv.com but i cant find it on their web site.. did this come with the camera too or did you get it from somewhere else?

avraja

Reaction score
I too have the same issue you had. Ive gone to navtv.com but i cant find it on their web site.. did this come with the camera too or did you get it from somewhere else?

Yes Its not on their website, You should call them and give your vehicle specifics and they will point it to the same product. This is just a module to convert the video to optic as the display unit has the Optical input. I didnt buy the camera from this website, used a generic rearview camera and connected it to the module from navtv.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4