Am I equipped for a heated windshield?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ulf001

Reaction score
I have a previously owned 2007 LR3 HSE. I believe it may have originally come equipped with a heated windshield. I have the factory window sticker for the vehicle and it lists that it has the cold weather climate package. It has heated rear seats.

Is it possible that it has the cold weather package but not the heated windshield? If it did have it I believe someone has replaced it with a non-heated windshield. I can't detect any grid or squiggly lines like I've heard people describe.

My question is, is there a way to tell if it originally came equipped with one given that it no longer has a heated windshield installed? For example tell-tale buttons, wires, markings, etc? I would like to know if I can have a heated one installed as soon as this current windshield bites the dust. :smile: Thanks in advance for the info.

RoverGuy7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There will be a heated windshield button on the HVAC head. Looks like a combination of a normal defrost button, and the rear window defrost... basically a curved glass with the squiggly lines.

If you wanted to get more in depth, you could remove the a-pillars, and see if the connectors are there, ribbon wire with single pin connectors. Or open the under hood fuse box and see if there is a relay installed in the location of the heated front screen, it will have the same picture as the button on the HVAC head.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The windshield itself has the wiring in it. If you look at the right angle you can see very faint lines or a matrix across the windshield. That's your heating element connected into the power supply. As RoverGuy7 noted, you should have a button that is similar to but different from the rear window defrost button. The windshield defrost will shut off when it has reached its operating temperature/time. I'm not sure of the specifics of that equation as I have noted that sometimes it stays on longer than others - when it's colder as I recall. Your manual should explain all the details on it, just haven't looked at that part of mine in a few years.
I know that replacement windshields with that heating element are expensive. You may want to check to see if your windshield has been replaced, if you suspect you don't have the heating elements.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah...my guess is that your original (heated) windshield got replaced by a regular one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM