Android phone - play music

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Android music is not any worse (and I swear its actually better) than satellite radio, So I am canceling satellite subscription.

LR4newbie

Reaction score
Minazaki

Does your samsung gnexus work as a phone in the car? I cannot get mine paired successfully and have tried many times. Iphone paired at the first try so i know the steps required. I need to bring it to the dealer to see if they can help. The salesman actually could not do it when he delivered the car to me. Maybevsomeone else can.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 and had no issues pairing it with my 2011 LR4. The steps were about the same as pairing the iPhone. The only difference was that I got an alert on my S3 after I paired to allow the contacts to be transferred to the LR4. I clicked a button that said "Always Allow" (or something like that) and the contacts are now there everytime I start my car. Don't know if the Nexus is much different than the S3.

namenda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Samsung Galaxy S3 will not pair with my 2012 LR4 - it doesn't get recognized; tried several times. LR site says that phone pairing is "not supported."

NecessaryEvel

Reaction score
I recently discovered this "trick" to getting music to stream through the Land Rover. I got the Blackberry stereo gateway. REMEMBER, if it isnt the STEREO gateway, it is going to sound like crap. It WILL pair with your Android device, and bluetooth ipod. so you can stream music through any device through the blackberry gateway. One cool thing too is, the gateway will mute when a call comes through. SO, example. I have the gateway plugged into the Aux port, have my Galaxy Note 4 bluetooth synced to the gateway, listening to Pandora through the stereo. A call comes in through the phone, the music mutes, accept call, talk, end call music kicks back on. I get tired of listening to pandora, I switch the bluetooth device via my Galaxy to off, then access my ipod, access the bluetooth, select blackberry gateway and music streams from my ipod to the gateway and plays music. I cant stress enough though that the gateway MUST be the stereo model or the sound quality will suck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72