anyone drive V6 yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone test driven a V6 yet at all??? Or read any reviews of one? I can't even find one single test drive review on the internet.

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On paper it looks disappointing with the peak torque coming at 5000 rpm and peak hp coming at 6000 rpm not only does the powerband look narrow it's so high I would hesitate towing with it as we do with our current LR4

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The EPA MPG for the 2014 LR4 V6 is 14/19, 16 combined. That's not much better than the V8 version of 12/17, 14 combined. Glad I got the V8!

mattwallace24

Reaction score
The EPA MPG for the 2014 LR4 V6 is 14/19, 16 combined. That's not much better than the V8 version of 12/17, 14 combined. Glad I got the V8!

Wow...I thought the MY14 would have much better MPG than that. I'm also very glad I got the MY13 V8!

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at my dealer last Thursday getting my first set of brakes on my '11 at 46k. While I was waiting I decided to take a new RR Sport with the new engine for a test drive. In the RRS the engine seemed powerful enough but with the 8 speed trans didn't seem to pull as fast as the V8 in my LR4. The fit and finish of the interior is surely s step up from my LUX. He indicated that they have no info on when production will start for MY 14 in the LR4's.

I will wait and see what the '14's feel like with that ~800 extra pounds versus the RRS with the new engine. I may end up ordering a RRS if the new engine can't handle the extra weight. At 3 years this is the longest I have ever owned a vehicle expect for one of my sports cars. I am getting antsy and really don't want to wait until mid '16 for a new truck.

I left the start-stop engaged and was very surprised as to how well it worked.

AdvGuy

Reaction score
My dealer told me they expect their 2014 LR4's in February. It's a shame they weakened the engine without lightening the vehicle. I assume the new chassis won't be too far behind.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer told me they expect their 2014 LR4's in February. It's a shame they weakened the engine without lightening the vehicle. I assume the new chassis won't be too far behind.

I honestly just hope some bonehead number cruncher doesnt look at a potential 2014-2015 sales numbers slump as an indicator of declined interest in the vehicle overall. I can understand some people would rather look for good condition used V8 models over this SCV6 with less power. Especially those using it for towing.

AdvGuy

Reaction score
I honestly just hope some bonehead number cruncher doesnt look at a potential 2014-2015 sales numbers slump as an indicator of declined interest in the vehicle overall. I can understand some people would rather look for good condition used V8 models over this SCV6 with less power. Especially those using it for towing.

Couldn't agree more. I'd buy the V6 model if they could get fuel economy into the 20's. Anything less isn't worth it. I drive between 12-15k per year so that would translate into nice savings. As for towing, the V6 numbers are better than my 4Runner V8 - and I tow a 22' Chris Craft - which is a heavy boat.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. I'd buy the V6 model if they could get fuel economy into the 20's. Anything less isn't worth it. I drive between 12-15k per year so that would translate into nice savings. As for towing, the V6 numbers are better than my 4Runner V8 - and I tow a 22' Chris Craft - which is a heavy boat.

I wasnt really talking about fuel consumption while towing. More to the point, the broader power band vs the SCV6 making more of a peak at high RPM. The broader power band would theoretically provide a much more consistent delivery of power vs having to rev the nuts off the thing to get to a peak band.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9