Auto Off Road Height?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattypV50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question, so today in my parking lot they are doing some construction and there is some gravel ect. I was driving all slow trying to find a parking spot going through the gravel and bumps (it's in rough shape). Backed the truck in and left.

Tonight, jumped in and went to exit the parking lot. Waiting at the gate I noticed the truck dropping - just down to normal height.

I was wondering if the sensors got all confused and auto raised the truck? I think I read it will do this.

Anyway, I hit the highway and it was fine. I don't usually raise or lower it and must have not noticed the raising this morning.

Just looking to see if this sounds right...

Thanks,
Matt

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Matt,

Was your truck specifically in off-road height and then dropped? There is no auto off-road height feature. It is normal for the suspension to something level (often lowering) on its own. It's no problem or issue, just part of the suspension leveling system. I've been at a red light and felt the same thing and was told it's perfectly normal.

-David

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Matt,

Was your truck specifically in off-road height and then dropped? There is no auto off-road height feature. It is normal for the suspension to something level (often lowering) on its own. It's no problem or issue, just part of the suspension leveling system. I've been at a red light and felt the same thing and was told it's perfectly normal.

-David

I had this too... I'd be at a stop light and suddenly the front end would drop a good inch. I assumed it leveled back up after a drive. But sometimes, I swore didn't because the rear would sit higher and the front more slopped. If you tap the ride height up and down really fast the front end will rise again after the one inch loss.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72