Aux Switch for Additional Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to put an auxiliary switch for additional lights? I know a few people have driving lights and things like that. What's the best place for a switch? Any insight would be very helpful. Thanks

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd see if there is some way to source a factory switch and put it where there's a blank.....no LR right now to look at, but to the right of the hazards - is that a blank on your vehicle? not sure there's a "light" switch, but if you could get a blank switch (so there's no pictogram, unless there's a "light" one) and just put an LED behind/in it to show on/off it would be nice and original looking.....

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then the question would be if there's enough room to put it where the factory headlight switch is - order another fog switch - remove rear fog portion if it's a double switch and cut it in just inboard of the instrument light (now I have no idea what's behind there) ....or the overhead panel by sunroof control, or maybe in the panel just to the right of the cluster...either by the A/C sensor (down low) or between cluster and a/c vent...or hide it in the glovebox (or center box if you don't have cooler box)...I'd want it unobtrusive, but accessible and not where I'm going to hit it all the time with a knee or something..in the old days before CANBUS and whatnot i'd try and tap into front fog switch with another switch to flip between fogs and offroad lights..PIAA used to make a nice small lighted switch, I'm sure there are better/nicer ones that could be flush or back mounted to look nice.

Attachments

• PIAA switch.jpg
    PIAA switch.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 22

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, that one actually looks good! May work for one of my applications (as I can likely hide it under the dash and mount with 3M tape), but I will also need a momentary switch. Can't seem to find a momentary switch that will attach similarly.

HikeNbike

Reaction score
i put all five of mine in a custom built box close to the leg vent in the driver seat

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9