Battery advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichL73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike I think i'll get a Denso one from the bputah site since it's the same as the one I have now, but this car is so strange now it's starting up on the first or second attempt? I think I might just take it to the dealer and see what they say

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They will charge you easily $150 to come back with some sort of an answer that may or may not be right.

drivesafe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Rich, it should start first time every time but anyway, did you get a chance to try charging the battery or has the problem just gone away?

BTW have you had any warning messages displayed. I have just had an alternator fail in my RR and got no warning before it happened.

tongagrnlr3

Reaction score
i had a similar problem on a road trip to san diego. truck drove down like a dream. 2 days later it wouldnt start and ALL the electrics went ape sh*t when i turned the key to the 2econd position. i called AAA and they sent a battery truck out. the dude tested it and i only had 1/10 the cranking amps i should have had but voltage was fine. this mean the internal resistance was astromonical compared to a new battery. so $150 later with a new battery installed on othe spot and it works great! that was 6 months ago now and not a single hickup since

RichL73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago it was taking about 5 minutes to start... just click ...click ..click(of course I would turn the key all the way to off before clicks) for about 5 minutes until it finally turned over. I always try different stuff that i've read that has worked for other people like the battery ground to the chasis that was working ... not anymore... now what is working (and this may be pure coincidence) is pushing down on the brake while I start it.. it starts right up on the first try for the last couple days. The guy at an indy shop tested my battery to be fine but said it was reading "failed output" for the alternator. He said it would work and then it wouldn't .. he tested it for a couple minutes and it would only charge every other cycle.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635