Battery Issue? AGM Lifetime?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
As to the radio shutting off, see my gallery info per the link below re how I decreased the radio shut down voltage setting from the factory 13.5 volt setting to 11.8 VDC. This was for the radio in my LR3 but I presume the setup is similar for the LR4. I think the radio setting of 13.5 volts was to make certain the computers always had something near 13 volts or you get red lights.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/displayimage.php?album=34462&pos=16

Is this something that can be changed on an LR4? And if so can it be done without the GAP tool?

Cheers!

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this something that can be changed on an LR4? And if so can it be done without the GAP tool?

Cheers!

Below is the link to the one page doc file explaining the procedure for the LR3 radio.
I expect the procedure is something similar re the LR4 and does not require any tool, but even if so, I do not know the procedure.

The reason I think the fix can be done with the pushing of buttons is that the radio units are made by someone other than Land Rover and the norm is some push button procedure with a "secret" code etc. Hopefully someone on the Board know how to access the LR4 radio system diagnostics.

https://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/displayimage.php?album=34462&pos=17

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to close this one out.

This morning I started it and --NO ECO light.

I did nothing - it just sat overnight.
When the light goes out, will I might be pleased, I wait a few days to celebrate, but maybe the software settled in.

Well done and we appreciate the update. It is always nice to know how things turn out. When something works, we all learn and the other way around as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut