Can '12 smaller Smart Key work on '10?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's probably too early to tell, but I'm wondering if the new slimmer Smart Key can be made to work on 2010-11 LR4s. Does anyone know? The 2010 Smart Key is great, but a bit bulky.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's probably too early to tell, but I'm wondering if the new slimmer Smart Key can be made to work on 2010-11 LR4s. Does anyone know? The 2010 Smart Key is great, but a bit bulky.
Hello horatio8,

This is a great question, as I also wondered the same thing. I like my 2011 key fob, but it's definitely bulky. I'll be curious to see if this can be done and if anyone does it. I am imagining the many dealerships will have no idea how to do it.

-David

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually asked my dealer that a month ago when taking my car in for an oil change and they said no and that LR would just give another bulky fob if you ever lost yours...I honestly don't know why they could not reprogram the smaller one if they have to do so anyway if a customer loses both fobs.

I'm hoping they are wrong as the key fob is a pain in the bum given it's size/weight. Maybe it's considered a self defense weapon for customers :)

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone got a picture?? Googled but can not find it.. Never saw the key....

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99