Colorado Roads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zdas04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm leaving in a few minutes to do Engineer and Cinimon Passes around Ouray. Since it is really early in the season I thought I'd check on-line to see if they were open yet. Nothing. I did find one site that showed off-road conditions in July, 1999, but that wasn't terribly helpful.

Does anyone know if there is anyplace to find out if the trails of Colorado are open or not?

David

BldrRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was up there a couple weeks ago and a guy at an outdoor shop in Silverton said that a lot of the "standard" trails are open because they plow them for the tourists. Just check in with a shop in Durango or call a Jeep rental place and they can tell you.

zdas04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Davez26,
Thanks, the bushducks.com link was what I was looking for.

I opted to just drive up and check at the Visitor Center when they opened at 9:00. They had the information I needed and I should have called yesterday (970-387-5654), but I didn't. The spring foliage was amazing. The book I bought called Engineers a "10" for scenery and Cinnamon a "9". Both were beautiful.

BldrRover,

[comments deleted by author] If I misunderstood, I'm sorry. The tone of your post struck me very wrong.

David

Last edited:

BldrRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
zdas04, what is your problem man? If you know the economy in that area of the state, it thrives on summer tourism and a number of the trails, including the ones you mentioned, are the primary advertised roads for off highway vehicles(on every jeep rental map). They clear the major snow berms if they don't melt quickly enough so that people can utilize the trails and the all the Jeep rental places have a reason to exist. I didn't say those trails are not amazing or fun(I enjoy them myself), clearly you misunderstood my comment. All I was trying to say is that it is likely that the "standard" roads get opened up earlier than the offshoot trails that are not advertised as often.

This forum is for sharing information about trails, equipment and fun trips. It's not for ripping on members because you misunderstood a comment. Thanks for your thoughts though... I hope you feel better ...

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BldrRover,
You are welcome to take your snide, sneering "standard trails for tourists" and shove it

:confused: David, methinks you've been spending too much time on d-web... In this forum, people actually try to be helpful, not to ridicule you.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:confused: David, methinks you've been spending too much time on d-web... In this forum, people actually try to be helpful, not to ridicule you.
:biggrin: :cool:
Hey Umberto, are you coming to Colorado again this year?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With my twin girls' c-section scheduled on August 4th (unless they decide to pop out sooner...) I'd rather not even suggest a trip to Colorado in late July to my wife, I like my testicles to stay where they are.

But you guys have fun, I'll be thinking of you. :hello:

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aw c'mon. It's not like you're going to need them anymore. :eek::biggrin:
Seriously though, I look forward to the good news of a safe delivery. Take good care.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635