control arm bushings vs unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
morris, don't wish too hard. It's not the upgrade that people think it is. The softer bushings are made for the LR3's suspension. So I'm not so sure using the RSS bushings is the right move in the long run.

...plus, my Service Manager at LR up here says the RSS bushings are going out at the same rate as the LR3 bushings.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my experiance says you should replace all the bushings at once along with the ball joints. If you change out the offending bushing now you will likely have to change the others very soon. This means an alignment again. Yes bushings can be done in the orginal arms pretty easy but when you consider the pricing to do both bushings and the ball joint in each arm the price differance will lead towards the arm replacement.
Just my 2 cents having been through this already. By the way I went poly after the second set of bushings failed at only 67k miles...

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's strange how results vary on this....I replaced my front control arm bushings around 50k and now at 94k the second set are fine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112