cool heater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malcq77

Reaction score
ive got a 1996 disco and
can anyone help, i fitted a new water pump 2 weeks ago since changing it my heater only gets luke warm, not cold but also takes longer to heat up. temp gauge go's to the normal position no over heating and every thing was fine till i did the water pump. thanks for any help.

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may have to bleed the system for air. Did you notice any sloshing sounds or swooshing sound in the dash? Also you have to let these guys know what kinda vehicle you have. I'm no expert by any means and it is just a guess.

malcq77

Reaction score
never herd any sloshing and tried to get air out by removing plug from themastat toping water up. but dont know if could still be air lock or blockage in the matrex. thanks

tempestv8

Reaction score
Drop everything and get your cooling system properly bled. If you don't get rid of that big air bubble in your cooling system, it will cause serious problems to your engine. Do NOT put it off. Get help immediately. Seriously. These Rover engines do not handle cooling deficiencies too well.

If a cylinder liner slips due to overheating, then it's the end of that engine block.

malcq77

Reaction score
thanks but what is the best way to bleed the system to get the air air out of the system.

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drainfill1.jpg

drainfill2.jpg

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HI
I would say your themastst is stuck open. OMO
temp gauge go's to the normal position
If the stat is on it's way out would it still get to normal temp?
Also I'm not sure he bled the system correctly. I have not bled a system like that and not sure if it could be done like that (properly) but like I said in the earlier post "I am NO expert".

1sparrow

Reaction score
Most systems have a regular valve to adjust the flow to the heater core to control the temp. Most are cable controlled and some come off or snap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oledave49