Another Crossover / cooling system job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been preparing myself for this work for some time. Our LR4 is at 8 years and 48k miles (August 2013 build). It's a bit early, but what the heck. We'll probably put under 5k miles per year going forward, so might as well. I do have a VERY small coolant leak that I assume is from the pump, but can find no trace. It seems to need about a cup every 2+ years. So it's not without some reason that I plan on this work. Plan is to do both crossovers, pump, and thermostat.

I've been saving related threads:

A few comments as I ready myself to order parts:

1. Here is my list. I found that LandRoverParamus consistently had better prices than Atlantic British and I didn't have a good experience with them last time. See parts list and Paramus' lower prices below (all parts are Genuine LR OEM):
Belt
$40.61​
Product ID: LR012663
Fuel Injection Throttle Body Mounting Gasket
$7.17​
Product ID: LR011999
Serpentine Belt
$51.91​
Product ID: LR064185
Thermostat Unit
$74.21​
Product ID: LR032135
Water Outlet
$57.25​
Product ID: LR018275
Water Pump Assembly
$208.94​
Product ID: LR097165
Oil Cooler Tube
$23.54​
Product ID: LR028136
Oil Cooler Tube Seal
$7.27​
Product ID: LR030593
Water Manifold Plug
$4.58​
Product ID: LR011038
Engine Coolant Outlet Flange
$95.63​
Product ID: LR109402

Has anyone shopped there before? Am I missing anything obvious?

2. For the fan clutch, what is a better set? This: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NICENU/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1 , or this: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0076PBXSU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1

Thanks!

I will try to document as much as I can just in case it can help someone in the future.

Last edited:

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With regards to the fan clutch tools. Just rent then from autozone or similar. Save yourself a few bucks.

I just completed a video of the clutch removal on the YouTube Chanel in my signature.

Good luck buddy. And it’s not a left handed thread!!

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your old crossover pipes are in one piece when you replace them, I'll pay shipping for them. I'm working on putting together a kit to replace the OEM plastic with metal/braided parts and AN fittings.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your old crossover pipes are in one piece when you replace them, I'll pay shipping for them. I'm working on putting together a kit to replace the OEM plastic with metal/braided parts and AN fittings.
I'll share my findings and I am happy to send it for the greater good. ;)

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can, but there isn't a ton of overlap between the PCV valves and the crossover job. The PCV valves are pretty easy to get to at any time.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can, but there isn't a ton of overlap between the PCV valves and the crossover job. The PCV valves are pretty easy to get to at any time.
Good to know. Thanks. I'll wait on those, I think.

rolledover

Reaction score
I have my old crossovers that are still in good shape if you want them. I replaced them preventatively when doing head gaskets.

Mozambique

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a project!
I had a slow leak over a couple of yrs. Garage diagnosed the water pump and replaced it. Leak continued. The leak was from the front crossover seals. I replaced crossover and rear heater manifold pipe.

Not sure if water pump was leaking. I had coolant sitting on top of vacuum pump. Make sure you order new bleed valve for the front crossover. It doesn't come with one and they can fail. I also replaced the hose that runs under the manifold cover as hard to get at. Make sure you folow the correct bleeding sequence which involves raising reservoir 2inches as you add coolant and observe it coming out of bleed valves.
Good luck!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72