Coolant Leak 2011 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BreakingDown

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I posted a thread about a week ago pertaining to not being able to open my hood due to a broken cable, or most likely a broken cable connector. I got tired of fiddling with it and just took it to my local service center to get the hood popped... $457.32 later the hood cable is repaired and works properly. Almost all of that cost was labor. Apparently going in through the wheel well is the key.

At any rate, the big issue of why I needed to be able to open my hood was that I have a coolant leak. I have just been adding coolant every other week and kicking the can down the road, but now its time to fix it. I got a quote from the service center for $1,200 to replace it all. I usually like doing the work on my LR4 myself so started to look into it.

I am fairly sure the coolant leak is from a break in the front crossover pipe that seems to be a common problem. If I was to do it myself, what else would I need, in addition to these parts? It doesn't look like the front crossover pipe was quoted, should I go ahead and do that replacement while I am in the general area? I saw some Water pump kits online from Atlantic British containing the water pump, oil cooler pipe, and oil cooler outlet pipe O-Ring for $180 aftermarket, $320 OEM. Is it worth going for the OEM water pump or no? What else would I need to do this fix?

Here is what I was quoted:
LR0 97165 - Water pump with 2 gaskets - 225
LR0 45238 - Cooling hose - 49.02
LR0 30593 - Oil cooler o-ring - 7.86
LR0 49989 - Cooling hose - 68.70
LR0 18275 - Coolant outlet flange - 94.95
AJ8 11539 - Water pump o-ring - 12.55

$458.08 for parts
$630.00 for labor
$51.98 for supplies/waste
$40.80 for sales tax
Total - $1,180.86

As always, I really appreciate you all being such a great community. I am a relatively new LR owner, but its been great even around town being able to help people out with installs and what not.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9