Cooper Zeon LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jermgallo

Reaction score
If I was sticking with 19" wheels and an "all-arounder" tire for my next go-around, I'd probably get the Coopers again.

Like I said, not really loud, especially for an all-terrain tire. Yeah, they are louder than the Michelins they replaced, but those are probably as quiet as it gets.

They did really well in Colorado last summer, with no problems on the trails around Ouray and Lake City. I don't air them down off road because that's just asking for sidewall damage on a 19" tire, but they still did really well.

They do okay in the snow. Okay in the rain. Etc.

As it is, though, I'm thinking I'll go with 18" wheels for my next off-road set of tires, then maybe put some dedicated street tires on the 19" wheels. These Coopers look to have over 20k miles left, though, so there's no rush.

can you air down the 19" duratracs or is it best to keep them at recommended psi?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you air down the 19" duratracs or is it best to keep them at recommended psi?

I don't own Duratracs; I've got the Cooper Zeons.

But I don't think I'd ever air down the 19" tires we can get on these. There's too little rubber, and the tires we can get all have semi-fragile sidewalls. Airing them down and bowing them out is just asking for a sidewall puncture.

Jermgallo

Reaction score
I don't own Duratracs; I've got the Cooper Zeons.

But I don't think I'd ever air down the 19" tires we can get on these. There's too little rubber, and the tires we can get all have semi-fragile sidewalls. Airing them down and bowing them out is just asking for a sidewall puncture.

That is what i was thinking as well and with that air pressure do you feel like its a little more rougher off road?

I am trying to decide on the duratracs or the zeons. Cost too much for me right now to switch to 18's.

Ben Myton

Reaction score
4616dba96c108eca9785b81eb9db2957.jpg

Just mounted up all 5. Excited to test them out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bryan Jones

The guy with the 35's
Reaction score
That is what i was thinking as well and with that air pressure do you feel like its a little more rougher off road?

I am trying to decide on the duratracs or the zeons. Cost too much for me right now to switch to 18's.
I personally hate the Duratracs. They suck I'm mud (see below), suck on ice, and not that great in snow. That's all personal opinions. They also have a 2 ply sidewall, not 3 like other mud tires (yeah it's considered a mud tire). That could play a factor because I have popped a tire

IMG_20181011_100230.jpg

IMG_20190509_152010.jpg

IMG_20190509_145324.jpg

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I suppose a little. The LR4 rides better than most off-road vehicles, but a nice, big tire aired down would only help.

Reaction score
I just mounted COOPER ZEON LTZ 255/55R19. Local Discount Tire matched Walmart's online price. Someone here was asking for photos showing the mounted Zeon tires.

20190628_185535.jpg

20190628_185545.jpg

20190628_185601.jpg

20190628_185631.jpg

Last edited:

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have aired down the Cooper Zeons to 20 psi many times for beach driving in soft sand. Then I drive home about 5 miles at 20 psi with no issues.

My tire guy said the OEM LR wheels really lock onto a tire bead and are the most difficult wheels to work with when mounting tires.

When new, the Zeons are quiet on the road but tend to dig more than float in sand. After about 15K miles they are great in sand but loud on the road. So I'm only running the Zeons in July & August, Nokians in winter and Michelin Defender LTX in Spring & Fall.

Goontoe

Reaction score
Can I get these for my 2008 LR3? When I go to the Discount Tire website, I get an alert saying that these tires won't fit my vehicle.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV