Coyote or LS3 Engine Swap for LR4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikegraef

Reaction score
Hi all - outside of the levelsperformance approach I have not been able to find anyone/shop who has done engine swaps for LR4. I love this vehicle, but my engine was very problematic and ultimately led to the truck being totaled. I'd love to get back into an LR4, but I'd really like to get into an LR4 with a less problematic, cheaper-to-maintain engine. The powertrain was the only thing that ever caused me issues, so if I could swap out and put in a Coyote or an LS engine into a used LR4 that had engine issues I would have my dream vehicle! Rugged, great payload and towing, great offroad capabilities but super comfortable for long road trips - you know the drill!

So - anyone out there heard of done an engine or powertrain swap for one of the LS or Coyote packages? Would love to investigate further if you have something.

Thanks all!

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all - outside of the levelsperformance approach I have not been able to find anyone/shop who has done engine swaps for LR4. I love this vehicle, but my engine was very problematic and ultimately led to the truck being totaled. I'd love to get back into an LR4, but I'd really like to get into an LR4 with a less problematic, cheaper-to-maintain engine. The powertrain was the only thing that ever caused me issues, so if I could swap out and put in a Coyote or an LS engine into a used LR4 that had engine issues I would have my dream vehicle! Rugged, great payload and towing, great offroad capabilities but super comfortable for long road trips - you know the drill!

So - anyone out there heard of done an engine or powertrain swap for one of the LS or Coyote packages? Would love to investigate further if you have something.

Thanks all!

I know there is a LR3 out there with an LS swap. I think it angered most of the modules, but have not read the article for awhile. Here is another option:

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe reach out to Roadside Werx in Denver. I think they do swaps, at least on some of the older D90s but they may be a resource. Check out their IG

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What ended up totaling the engine?

There are 2 or 3 guys on here that are swapping the supercharged 5.0 into their LR4's currently. That's the option I'm going to take as I want complete factory integration.

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there is a LR3 out there with an LS swap. I think it angered most of the modules, but have not read the article for awhile. Here is another option:

It's interesting that the link above mentions a 5.0, meaning this should theoretically work with LR4s. I am assuming the trans also gets swapped to a GM 6l80e or equivalent. Thinking an N/A 6.0 in an LR4 would be a good match.

SNWBOARDER48

Reaction score
Just noticed that the ZF 8HP70 is used by a bunch of Chrysler products…….hemi?

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score

Yeah, that guy sold it recently. The listing is gone, but it listed everything that was done to it.

1638811846569.png

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA