Crossover Pipe - Replace Pre-Emptively?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A highly-regarded independent LR shop here in Denver quoted me around $550 for a new crossover pipe installed doesn't seem like that's too much? I have a 2013 LR4 with 92,000 miles.

I recently had my waterpump and both pipes replaced and it was just under $900 for the entire job. Roughly 1/2 was for parts and half for labor (slightly more for parts than labor). For market comparison's sake, this was in the DC market.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A highly-regarded independent LR shop here in Denver quoted me around $550 for a new crossover pipe installed doesn't seem like that's too much? I have a 2013 LR4 with 92,000 miles.
Considering the part is about $30 and I can do it in under an hour with my eyes closed, I’d say $550 is a bit pricey.

I’ll doubt though that you could get it done for much less...

Last edited:

Parker Freeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bit the bullet this morning and had the crossover replace by the Denver independent LR shop. $450 installed. Really glad I did because when they showed me the old part, there were two pieces of plastic on the hose fittings that broke off as they were pulling it out . They did a full inspection and pressure test on the cooling system and all checked out fine.

Last edited:

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Goosed the ol' landy coming onto an on ramp and instantly smelled that sweet maple syrup (coolant) ---- lucky for me I was around the corner from the dealer. Sure enough, crossover pipe. Both the pipe and water pump were covered under warranty. whew...one less thing. I'll say I got lucky.

Webecinya

Reaction score
I just bought a ‘12. Had PPI done nothing of note with cooling system. This thread has me concerned that a PPI wouldn’t catch this and it should be replaced. Irrational?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a ‘12. Had PPI done nothing of note with cooling system. This thread has me concerned that a PPI wouldn’t catch this and it should be replaced. Irrational?

Not irrational. Just know it could go (if not done recently). If you ever start to lose coolant or overheat, don’t try to make it to the exit, stop immediately.

Its an easy repair and I’ll do it as preventative maintenance (from now on) every two years.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not irrational. A known failure point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV