Crushed Exhaust Advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sushisean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was out wheelin' near Lake Arrowhead, CA this weekend and crushed up the exhaust pretty well. It's crushed in about half the diameter, that is to say the diameter is now half what it was for about a 3" section of exhaust. Is this something I should be concerned about? I thought i might take it to an exhaust shop and have them weld in a new piece of stainless, but not sure if I even need too. Certainly can't tell a difference when driving.

Trynian

Reaction score
Mine are pretty beat up and have been squashed some for a while now with no issues. I wouldn't worry to much about it unless you notice some performance issues. The dealer has said nothing about it other then to notate it on the inspection when I go in for service.

Last edited:

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If, as you have mentioned you restricted your flow by 1/2 then yes, you are building back pressure and it will cause you problems. Get it replaced and learn how to stay off the rocks.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After 37000 miles, I didn't have any problems with the exhaust being oval shaped. The way I figured it, the O got reformed into a 0, like taking a rubber-band and moving it from one shape to another, the total area is the same, just the math to figure it is different.
If however it has moved more toward a pinched off shape (), I think you are getting into restriction, but it can't be to much to get a section welded in.
That's probably the weakest part of the whole underside. I just wish the exhaust had a better route path, or a quick shield could be fabbed up.

Be the first to fab an exhaust shield and let us know!

Cheers!

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine were crushed for a while, then I replaced them, then crushed them again....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112