DDMTUNING HID lights won't light up the same time?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just as many of you guys did, I ordered a pair of DDMTUNING 35W kit. It worked perfectly for about a week, then starts to shut off one at a time. In addition, only one will turned on, either left or right. Left for Monday, right for Tuesday, and both for Friday. Sometimes a turn off turn on will correct the problem, but most of the time there are no luck.

Any of you guys had/having this ?:albertein

i just remembered i had some firing issues during colder weather. when the temperature was in the 30s, the lights might misfire during a cold start. the trick is to not have your light set on auto. then on a cold start, start the car and warm up or drive around for 5 min before you turn on the lights. this fixed my issue during the winter. when they misfire, you have to restart your car in order for them to fire correctly.

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just remembered i had some firing issues during colder weather. when the temperature was in the 30s, the lights might misfire during a cold start. the trick is to not have your light set on auto. then on a cold start, start the car and warm up or drive around for 5 min before you turn on the lights. this fixed my issue during the winter. when they misfire, you have to restart your car in order for them to fire correctly.

As you said, the light has more chance to fire on when the engine is warm. I left the switch on manual too. But this creates headache..I will call DDM Tuning Monday ..

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As you said, the light has more chance to fire on when the engine is warm. I left the switch on manual too. But this creates headache..I will call DDM Tuning Monday ..
i read somewhere on the forum that on a cold start the LR4 doesnt crank out that much juice. now i've never had a misfire on any other ddm kits on any other cars in the same climate. this is a first. but that could be the reason.

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed to a new set of unit. Problem still occurs. But I noticed that the light will fire 2,3 minutes later.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4