Defender D90 switching off at low Speed !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Defende 90 Oman

Reaction score
I have a Defender D90, 97 model Auto transmition and I wonder if any of you can help me with the following problem ?

I just took the car out from a major service and unfortunately the car switches off on a low speed (Whenever I approach any stop like a traffic light or a roundabout)

I made sure that the Spark Plugs were changed and throttle was cleaned.

Reg,

Mohamed

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Mileage?
What was done during this major service?

Defende 90 Oman

Reaction score
Mileage: 94,000 KM

During the Major Service: Changed all Oils, Changed the Spark Plugs, Fuel & Oil filters were changed, Cleaned the Throttle, Cleaned the Radiator and put a new coolant.

Btw, i have just bought the car like a month ago and im not sure of the back service history of this defender.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would suggest cleaning the MAF (Mass Air Flow sensor), the TPS (throttel Postion Sensor) and the IAC (Idle Air Control).

MAF is between the air filter and the intake
TPS and IAC are located on the front of the intake just to the left of where the air hose connects, each has an electrical plug connected to it... watch the screws as the strip easily.

Clean them all with a good Contact cleaner, not WD40 or similar spray.

Defende 90 Oman

Reaction score
Hi there,
I manged to solve the problem. Changed the Air Flow metter and its running just fine now.
Thanks,
Mohamed

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635