Disabling auto lower from offroad mode with GAP IDtool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether the GAP IDtool allows you to disable the dreaded 30mph auto lower feature from offroad mode? and if so, how?? I can't seem to find it in the menu.

sparrky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't disable the auto adjust. But you can set the heights with it.

leadoverdistance

Reaction score
I am also keen to hear an answer. I received mine last week from Lucky8. Great service. (Shipped with fortune cookies and adventure related fortunes inside!!)
I have also heard you can disable the auto lowering with speed, in off road mode mentioned on forums, so it has to be in there somewhere.
Subscribed.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't be done currently. Gap is looking into that possibility, but besides the technical issues (even the "official" LR diagnostics don't allow such a change) they are also concerned about potential liability of their tool allowing to permanently raise the center of gravity of these vehicles at high speed.

As mentioned above, you can recalibrate your suspensions to rise 2 - 2.5" at all heights with IIDTool, leave the suspensions switch to normal height and get pretty much the same result while off-roading since the car won't lower at speed (and with the added advantage of an extra lift when needed by invoking off-road height with the switch, which will raise your car to the rough equivalent of super-extended mode.) Use IIDTool again to knock them back down to factory settings when you are done wheeling. Takes only a minute. I use my Llams height controller switch instead because it's even faster than IIDTool, but the results are the same. I very rarely touch the factory switch to change suspensions height anymore.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM