Disco Windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Va_Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have owned 2 discovery's, a 1997 and currently a 1999 Both D1 models. I was wondering if the front windshield being so low bothers anyone else other than me. I was out today and saw 2 other people driving discovery's stoped at stop lights doing the land rover lean as I have begun to call it. ( you know what I am talking about leaning down to the point of looking like your resting you head on the streering wheel just to see the traffic light) That is the only thing I really dislike about my rover.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I have learned to look at the hood if the lighting is right and see the stop light reflection in the hood. But sadly yep, don't like the windshield position either.

greg409

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm 6'2", I wait 'til I hear honking, then I go.

Works so far, tho' I never thought of what Joey does.

luck,greg

Va_Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the reflection off the hood when I can. But my rover gets to dusty all the time, so the hood is only a go for a day or two the it is back to a dusty blue color.

antichrist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It varies, but with most lights if I stop behind the white line I can see them ok, or not have to lean too far. I'm 5-11

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Avoid getting so close to the traffic lite allow room in an intersection for emergency vehicles. In michigan right turn on red is permited by then I'm looking out the driver side window. Just saying and be safe.

Va_Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I try to stop about a cars length behind the white line. That works for a few lights. but Virginia loves to put the stop lights as close to the white line as they can. If I am the 3rd or 4th in line I don't have any problems. But I am normaly the first. It really doesn't bother me to much but you have to have something to complain about.

oly02

Reaction score
windscreen

I am 6'3" and I drive to work with the sun in my eyes and also the same on the way home. I find it impossible to use the sun visor because when it is down it blocks the whole view of the road and i resort to the land rover stoop to look under it.

the best way to see trafic lights for me is to make sure when i stop that i have the lights in view, or just wait for the other trafic to sound their horns.

Va_Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealing with the sun in a Disco is really impossible. the sun visor is really useless with it dow you can't see anything but the hood and with it up you can't see anything at all due to the sun.

dishsoap1

Reaction score
The Land Rover lean, I am definitely guilty. I always watch the light to the left or right and see when it's getting ready to change.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM