DIY Oil Change for LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ygy2015

Reaction score
great posts guys! dont own a LR4 yet but thinking hard about it, doing alot of research. Great Posts!

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So a question about warranties and performing your own oil changes... Obviously performing the oil change service yourself should not void the warranty, but what's the best way to prove to the dealer that you did it correctly and/or did it at all? You can keep receipts for the purchased oil and filters, but that doesn't show that you did the job the right way or at the required service intervals. If you had the service done at an independant shop then you would receive a receipt for the service that you could use as proof. I'm assuming that Land Rover keeps their service records electronically. What happens when you show up to the dealer with an engine problem after doing oil changes yourself for two years and they have no record of you ever having the car serviced and you don't have any receipts from an independent service shop? Do they just take your word for it?

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So a question about warranties and performing your own oil changes... Obviously performing the oil change service yourself should not void the warranty, but what's the best way to prove to the dealer that you did it correctly and/or did it at all? You can keep receipts for the purchased oil and filters, but that doesn't show that you did the job the right way or at the required service intervals. If you had the service done at an independant shop then you would receive a receipt for the service that you could use as proof. I'm assuming that Land Rover keeps their service records electronically. What happens when you show up to the dealer with an engine problem after doing oil changes yourself for two years and they have no record of you ever having the car serviced and you don't have any receipts from an independent service shop? Do they just take your word for it?

While never having an issue on all my previous vehicles where I have been able to do maintenance at home my process has always been to:

1) Buy everything from one location so all items are on the same receipt with a date stamp. If I can't get everything from the same place I try to order on the same day and staple things together. Also have learned that some places have a better description on their receipt than others. This could be something to watch for as some retailers have very vague receipts.
2) Typically I am not able to do the service the day I order the supplies so when I do my oil change I will write the date of the oil change on the receipts. If I do do it on the day that I bought the supplies I simply circle the date on the receipts.
3) I always write the exact mileage on the computer when I do the service. This gives a 2nd reference point to time and life of the vehicle.

This is just my process for doing home maintenance. I have never had to take my vehicle in for service or had a warranty issue. I would be interested to see if anyone has had an issue and had to try and prove that the vehicle was maintained when having engine issues.

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jag Oil Filter

Hi all,

I requested a quote from my local LandRover/Jaguar Dealer for a Jaguar Oil Filter #W0133-1891127. The parts desk came back with a different Jaguar part number for the 5.0 engine --> C2D3670.

Can anyone verify that is also a correct Jaguar oil filter part# for our LR4s, please?

Thanks in advance!

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635