DIY Oil Changes Impossible & 2nd Battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should update my contribution to this thread...

The proper amount of oil is probably closer to 8 quarts, rather than 8.5. I think LR puts an extra half a quart in from new, in case of a little bit of extra useage on a new motor. My changes after the intial 1000mi. change have been 8 quarts.

I don't remember if the Jag filters are marked "Jaguar" or not (I'll check out in the garage), but I have been buying the Rover filters as a "just in case" for any warranty claims. I change mine every 5000 mi. so it doesn't cost that much extra per year.

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
additional info based on my experience.

parts.com also has good price on genuine land rover parts. I bought genuine land rover filter for $25.28 plus shipping. But Jag filter is essentially same. your choice. but I like the genuine LR box :)

As for filter ranch, here is the link to ebay listing. This one at under $7 shipped your door, Can't beat that. Works perfectly.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CTA-Tools-A..._Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr&hash=item2c5f4b1535

And I am suing the hand pump type. I don't see a need for running the external compressor. Hand pump is quiet so I was able to change the oil at night :)

94speedster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great post tjp74 - thanks.

Per that post, "Parts.com" has a good link showing the filter components: http://www.parts.com/parts/2011/LAN...eid=1447538&diagram=7117235&diagramCallOut=20

For $25.58, it looks like the filter comes with a seal- great price! With shipping starting at $10.99, it makes sense to buy a few...

I expect to get the MityVac on Friday, and hope to complete this oil change over the weekend. It really sounds easy...

-Blake

Last edited:

Jesse101

Reaction score
For the oil filter, do you unscrew the entire canister, then you unscrew the cap? How do you exactly remove the oil filter? This will be the first to where I don't remove a normal oil filter..

Also agreed with others, a YouTube video would be awesome. Saw the example with pics, but it didn't show how to remove the oil filter exactly. Also has anybody figured out how to reset the check engine light? Anybody tried disconnecting the battery?

guss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You unscrew plastic container completely and remove it by pulling up on it.
Then just pull out oil filter and replace.the filter kit comes with new O ring for canister.install and lightly oil O ring push down and screw on canister secure.use correct wrench on canister .
You can't reset oil change reminder.I ignore it and goes away after 10 seconds.
Disconnecting negative cable for 2 minutes will reset ck. engine light most times

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut