Ethanol ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

LR3_WA

I've emailed LR about running ethanol in my 2005 LR3 V8 (gas) with their only response (so far) being that I can not run E85 (85% ethanol). I'm awaiting their response on the max ethanol I can run.

Any thoughts, experience, comments...

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The vehicle/engine was not designed or tested for E85, so that's not a surprise. The E85 vehicles on the road are modified designs... like the Ford "FFV" vehicles some companies use in their fleet. I doubt they'll approve you running anything but standard 91 octane gasoline.

You have stock in corn crops? :) I think E85 is only 2/3 as efficient as gasoline and mileage will be reduced. (The FFV owners I know get about 20% less MPG when running E85.)

L

LR3_WA

Maybe I should invest in corn stocks as my other stock picks are sucking wind :)

Thanks for the input.

Up here in the Evergreen state I have to find someway to deflect the eco-stares at the gas pump. Maybe I'll get a Costco can of corn and attach it to my bumper :)

I would of picked up the diesel and ran bio-diesel, though I couldn't give up on 300hp and ability to drive +105mph !

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a "Hybrid" logo from a Ford Escape and attach it to the rear. Use magnets or Velcro... and only use it before pumping. :)

R

roverdawg

grommet,

Have you heard anything about the rumored 2009 Range Rover and a possible diesel/electric hybrid?

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a rumor. We'll probably have V8 Clean Diesel engines by 2008 (or maybe 2007, but I doubt it -- the new "Clean Diesel" launch will take a while)... not sure on every Land Rover model, though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9