Everything about tires for LR4/ LR3 with 18" wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The frequency is fine. Can anyone confirm if this size works or which ones work size wise so I can look for those

All I can tell you is that in 2013 I purchased a set of compatible sensors for my early build 2013 (5 of them including the full size spare, 315 MHz like yours) from an online outfit, and my tire shop installed them on my new PD1880 rims. Didn't ask them at the time if they had any issues fitting them or had to use different orings - they just worked and have been working since then. I have heard others having problems similar to yours with OEM sensors moved onto the Compos though, so I don't want to question the expertise of your tire shop. I wonder if purchasing a kit like this might help: http://www.tpmsdirect.com/CONTIMODKIT_TPMS_Service_Kit_p/contimodkit.htm - ask your tire shop, maybe a thicker gasket is all they need to get a good seal.

Last edited:

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine had them originally. I sold my first set of sensors with the original wheels. I bought these as replacements.

It is unlikely you have the other required parts installed throughout the vehicle such as the monitor mounted behind each fender liner, the wires from them, and possibly even a functioning button on center stack to turn it on/off.

While the above may be installable, you can also choose an aftermarket solution. I think I've even seen them in ARB or other 4x4 websites.

Edited: to remove my own confusion when I started talking about parking sensors too LOL

bjf

Reaction score
I should note when I bought these wheels in 2013 for my 10 I didn't add the sensors so I've had the tire light on since then. Since I got new tires I wanted to add the sensors back in but the stock ones won't work. Trying to get finlayforprez to see what he used.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just use a file to make the contact surface area more compatible. I'm betting it's just a mm or so at most. Could be very simple solution as long as the MHz is correct.

In fact I recall some of my factory wheels having a very defined flat area for the sensor to sit. I justctoday filled all my wheels, I think, or I'd get a photo. I might have one wheel empty if you want some help with how it would look on a factory wheel.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 5 sets of 5 but the studded 17's don't have sensors yet. I'll probably add them when I get around to powdercoating them and flipping the tires for more even wear.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do mean 265/65/18. Annoying it will interfere with the hitch. I use it for my bike rack. Does it matter that I have the newer one?

It will NOT interfere with the hitch. I tow my boat with 265/65/18 using the factory removable hitch.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV