Exhaust solutions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanRR

Reaction score
Seems like not many people doing exhaust modifications on the LR4, except a muffler delete. While it sounds good, it might be a little loud for my needs.

I'm looking for something I can actually hear, without waking up my neighbors when I get home at night with minimal/no drone.

What do you guys think about replacing the center muffler (#7) with a Magnaflow (or similar Flowmaster) straight through muffler and leaving everything else intact?

Attachments

• C295BE2A-118A-417C-A9BD-A9A7A64A0202.jpeg
    C295BE2A-118A-417C-A9BD-A9A7A64A0202.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 48501160-C553-4F4E-9210-DFE011813858.jpeg
    48501160-C553-4F4E-9210-DFE011813858.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 64

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been interested in installing cutouts, but I don't want them leaking and making more noise when they're closed than stock. So that is possibly an option too.

RyanRR

Reaction score
I've been interested in installing cutouts, but I don't want them leaking and making more noise when they're closed than stock. So that is possibly an option too.

Cutouts could be interesting, but I'd prefer the simplicity (and price) of finding a reasonable muffler replacement

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be interested in a mod to get rid of the 2 pipes running underneath the rear suspension.

After laying in the driveway gazing up into the rover for about an hour, I am fresh out of ideas though.

DonC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
exactly what i did on mine when I had my converters replaced. Removed the center 2 mufflers and left the ones on the exhaust tip end. Replaced with a single dual input/output magnaflow. Really happy with the results. Quiet enough the kids still stay asleep in the back on trips but opens up when you press the accelerator.

Bryan Jones

The guy with the 35's
Reaction score
Replaced the center resonater with an H pipe, replaced the center muffler with straight pipes, left the rear mufflers, not the quietest by any means, but definitely sounds good and gets lots of looks while driving. My wife dailys my LR4, with 3 kids 5 and under, they don't complain at all ‍♂️

RyanRR

Reaction score
Well I bought a Borla ProXS muffler and will likely be having that installed soon. Plan is to replace the stock muffler, and maybe remove that center resonator as well while leaving the two rear resonators in place.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I bought a Borla ProXS muffler and will likely be having that installed soon. Plan is to replace the stock muffler, and maybe remove that center resonator as well while leaving the two rear resonators in place.

Post a video when it’s all done. Removing the center resonators completely is too loud for me. Just want a tiny bit more growl on throttle.

RyanRR

Reaction score
Post a video when it’s all done. Removing the center resonators completely is too loud for me. Just want a tiny bit more growl on throttle.

Will do!
From videos I've watched, the ProXS muffler isn't much more than stock. I'm just worried about getting highway drone, because I spend quite a bit of time driving between 65-75 mph.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA