Extended Warranties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EGRIZZLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, not to beat a dead horse, but this Ford ESP warranty, canit be purchased from any supplier and used at any dealer - within the above parameters?
I ask because I contacted a local Ford dealership and got a quote for the Ford PremiumCare ESP. I'm still under warranty but all the options available to me had an inception date of when the vehicle was first sold, running concurrently with my dealer factory warranty. In order to get the most extension my only option was the 7 year/100k mile warranty, which gives me an additional 3 years and approximately 50k miles. With the $100 deductible I was quoted $3655. That's a difference from what is listed above, both in years/miles and price. Thus my question.

This is the quote I get since I'm still under warranty, but an extra 4 years 48k is a better deal than an extra 3 years and 50k for $500 more. So we wait until 50,001 on the clock and buy the 4 year 48k for a cheaper cost I guess.

YoungstownLR3

Reaction score
So, not to beat a dead horse, but this Ford ESP warranty, canit be purchased from any supplier and used at any dealer - within the above parameters?
I ask because I contacted a local Ford dealership and got a quote for the Ford PremiumCare ESP. I'm still under warranty but all the options available to me had an inception date of when the vehicle was first sold, running concurrently with my dealer factory warranty. In order to get the most extension my only option was the 7 year/100k mile warranty, which gives me an additional 3 years and approximately 50k miles. With the $100 deductible I was quoted $3655. That's a difference from what is listed above, both in years/miles and price. Thus my question.

It can be purchased from any Ford dealership, however they can mark it up however they want to. The duff that works at the Ford dealer near where I live quoted me 4800 for what Chas at Longmont sold me for 3 grand. He said cost for him was 2700 and he wanted to make a little dough off of it (everyone needs to eat), plus the finance charge.

DiscoMike- I visited one Rover dealership and got a quote for 5200 - 3 year 36000 miles for a warranty that they sell (through US Fidelity I think) that wasn't even their premium. 5 year 60k premium came in at over 10,000. Thankfully the guy told me he didn't actually ever expect anyone to buy that ****, he told me to look elsewhere or buy a Volvo, apparently the extended coverage for them is a bargain.

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
......DiscoMike- I visited one Rover dealership and got a quote for 5200 - 3 year 36000 miles for a warranty that they sell (through US Fidelity I think) that wasn't even their premium. 5 year 60k premium came in at over 10,000. Thankfully the guy told me he didn't actually ever expect anyone to buy that ****, he told me to look elsewhere or buy a Volvo, apparently the extended coverage for them is a bargain.

That is consistent with what I was told. 9800 for the premium warranty from LR when I bought out my lease. What are they smokin'? :bandit:

DIscoMike627

Reaction score
That is consistent with what I was told. 9800 for the premium warranty from LR when I bought out my lease. What are they smokin'? :bandit:

I should have expected that LR would come in with some ridiculous pricing structure...I am going to be contacting Ford tomorrow and see what pricing is avaialble for my LR3.

Wish I could get additonal insurance coverage on my 98 Disco, just had to replace the head gaskets. Well with 145K and the first time the gaskets had to be replace is pretty good.:tongue:

chris006

Reaction score
I have also been looking in to extended warranties as I just bought a 2008 LR3 with 32,000 miles. Although I am good on miles for the manufacturer warranty the 4 year cycle runs out beginning of August this year. After reading all of these posts and suggestions (thanks to all that posted) here is what I have found:

1) Called local LR dealer and was quoted 4800 for a 3 year plan (from purchase date), no deductible, same coverage as the original manufacturer warranty. Everyone I have talked to has said that the LR plan is the easiest and best but also very expensive. 4 year plan was about 400-500 more, 2 year plan was about 400-500 less.
2) Called the ford esp direct line and was routed to a guy named Mike out of a Ford dealership in Connecticut. He quoted me 3,800 for the PremiumCare 7 year/100,000 mile warranty with a $100 deductible.
3) Did the email quote thing at Zeigler and they had the same 7 year/100,000 plan with a $100 deductible for about $3350. I also tried the trick of clicking the 'out of warranty' button on the first screen and saw that the 4 year 48,000 plan was cheaper at about $2250. What concerns me is that the car is still under manufacturer warranty so the online system is assuming out of warranty and low miles, which is not the truth. I am not sure what will happen when the paperwork is signed (if it gets that far) and I take the car in for service, i.e. could they deny the claim because I signed an agreement that was false (car was under warranty).
4) The dealership I bought from also quoted me $3550 for the LR extended warranty plan (3 years/70,000 miles from purchase of the warranty) or $4200 for 3 years/100,000 miles, both with no deductible. He also said that Ford ESP was no longer covering Land Rovers (or more accurately has priced them so far out of competition that they are essentially not covering anymore. Went as far as to show me the system he uses to order the plans. It appears however that many of you have received Ford ESP plans recently so that may have just been salesmanship to get me to buy from them.
5) Checked some other independent places for warranties but the price difference was not that much so did not consider those.

I am leaning toward the Ford ESP plan at this time due to price and the fact that many on these boards have had good luck. I also contacted my local LR dealer and spoke to their service department. They recommended if not using the LR plan then making sure the correct parts are covered in the warranty (e.g. all suspension parts including the air bladders) and that electronic components are covered. They also said to make sure the labor cost is not capped as some plans will cap the labor and then anything above that would need to be paid by you. In my area the labor rate is around $120 an hour and has apparently caused issues in the past for them with customers that did no0t understand the warranty terms. They did say they are used to dealing with the Ford ESP plans and accept those plans and have had very few problems in the past getting reimbursed.

Sorry for the long post but hopefully is helpful in the discussion.

DIscoMike627

Reaction score
I have also been looking in to extended warranties as I just bought a 2008 LR3 with 32,000 miles. Although I am good on miles for the manufacturer warranty the 4 year cycle runs out beginning of August this year. After reading all of these posts and suggestions (thanks to all that posted) here is what I have found:

1) Called local LR dealer and was quoted 4800 for a 3 year plan (from purchase date), no deductible, same coverage as the original manufacturer warranty. Everyone I have talked to has said that the LR plan is the easiest and best but also very expensive. 4 year plan was about 400-500 more, 2 year plan was about 400-500 less.
2) Called the ford esp direct line and was routed to a guy named Mike out of a Ford dealership in Connecticut. He quoted me 3,800 for the PremiumCare 7 year/100,000 mile warranty with a $100 deductible.
3) Did the email quote thing at Zeigler and they had the same 7 year/100,000 plan with a $100 deductible for about $3350. I also tried the trick of clicking the 'out of warranty' button on the first screen and saw that the 4 year 48,000 plan was cheaper at about $2250. What concerns me is that the car is still under manufacturer warranty so the online system is assuming out of warranty and low miles, which is not the truth. I am not sure what will happen when the paperwork is signed (if it gets that far) and I take the car in for service, i.e. could they deny the claim because I signed an agreement that was false (car was under warranty).
4) The dealership I bought from also quoted me $3550 for the LR extended warranty plan (3 years/70,000 miles from purchase of the warranty) or $4200 for 3 years/100,000 miles, both with no deductible. He also said that Ford ESP was no longer covering Land Rovers (or more accurately has priced them so far out of competition that they are essentially not covering anymore. Went as far as to show me the system he uses to order the plans. It appears however that many of you have received Ford ESP plans recently so that may have just been salesmanship to get me to buy from them.
5) Checked some other independent places for warranties but the price difference was not that much so did not consider those.

I am leaning toward the Ford ESP plan at this time due to price and the fact that many on these boards have had good luck. I also contacted my local LR dealer and spoke to their service department. They recommended if not using the LR plan then making sure the correct parts are covered in the warranty (e.g. all suspension parts including the air bladders) and that electronic components are covered. They also said to make sure the labor cost is not capped as some plans will cap the labor and then anything above that would need to be paid by you. In my area the labor rate is around $120 an hour and has apparently caused issues in the past for them with customers that did no0t understand the warranty terms. They did say they are used to dealing with the Ford ESP plans and accept those plans and have had very few problems in the past getting reimbursed.

Sorry for the long post but hopefully is helpful in the discussion.

I just got off the phone with Ford ESP and got a qoute of $2300.00 for the 3 year 36K miles. I have a 06 LR3 with 58K and this plan will take the coverage through 2014 and up to 94K miles. I called ESP back and have a few question regarding the deductible, mike is at $100.00 and want to know if that is for every visit or yearly?

Once I understand this I'm ready to pull the trigger.
More to come...:hello:

EGRIZZLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"More to come..." on this thread is vast understatement.

merrion13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DiscoMike-
Were you talking to Ford ESP through the Zeigler website, I think the guys name was Mike Case?

GMT

Reaction score
My 2006 SE with 31,000 just went out of warranty this month. Called ESP and received a decent quote a few months back, but when the gentleman found out I was in Florida it went up quite a bit. I also priced it at a local Ford dealership and they came back around $4500. Ended up going through Land Rover Palm Beach. Purchased a 4 year/up to 75k mile, Easy Care Premium Plan with $50 deductible (deductible waived if I use LRPB for warranty work) for $2990.

DIscoMike627

Reaction score
merrion13,

I used the Ford dealer in Loveland, Colorado and purchased the ESP Premium plan. If you want more information let me know.

I have a 2006 LR3 HSE with 58K miles and got the 3 year 36K plan for $2,390.00 and paid in full. I have had very little issues with the SUV but I am almost at 60K and anticapate some problems soon:stupid:.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72