First service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get free windshiel fluid and free coffee! Of course, they charge $20/tire for balancing, but hey, good coffee! Joke on the side, the first servive included, the next service, 15000 miles runs for about $500. Not looking forwar to it.
I am taking mine to a local private Land Rover garage for the second service. They are excellent!

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the email from the dealer. Recommended 1st service is after 12.000 Km or 6 months, whatever comes first.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alignment at 7000 KM?? Do you do a lot of offroading?

Not much. I carry my motorcycle around on a hitch carrier (some of it off road) and take the truck into the sand on our weekend beach trips. I have only done 3 off-road trips with some rock crawling.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's interesting that your dealer told you that. I think there is a lot of discrepancy Amongst the different dealerships. Sucks that you had to pay for the first one though. Any issues to speak of so far? Knock on wood I've been trouble free so far.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not much. I carry my motorcycle around on a hitch carrier (some of it off road) and take the truck into the sand on our weekend beach trips. I have only done 3 off-road trips with some rock crawling.

Well, if it goes to offloading, I am not sure... but still seems to me too soon for alignment based on what you said...

Anyhow... What bike you have? What trailer you use? :cool: Actually one of the reasons for me to by LR was towing my bike... :rock: Have pics?

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's interesting that your dealer told you that. I think there is a lot of discrepancy Amongst the different dealerships. Sucks that you had to pay for the first one though. Any issues to speak of so far? Knock on wood I've been trouble free so far.

No free services were offered at the time of purchase. I am used to higher prices and charges in Panama than in the U.S. (The Discovery 4 HSE costs $65K here in Panama).

No issues so far. It has been a blast to drive and the whole family loves the Discovery (especially my 2 year old daughter who will not have me drive her to day care in our other car). Family came over during the holidays and the third row came to great use: I drove around all 7 of us everywhere and both grandpas claimed it was a comfortable ride in the third row.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, if it goes to offloading, I am not sure... but still seems to me too soon for alignment based on what you said...

Anyhow... What bike you have? What trailer you use? :cool: Actually one of the reasons for me to by LR was towing my bike... :rock: Have pics?

I have a BMW R1200GS and a SUZUKI RMZ250 for the track (which is the one I carry around with the truck).

I also chose the LR for the ability to tow my bike around. The pneumatic suspension make sit easy to load and download the bike :proud:

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG-20111112-00187.jpg

IMG-20111112-00188.jpg

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These two pictures are with a borrowed hitch carrier (before mine arrived):

IMG-20110828-00111.jpg

IMG-20110828-00112.jpg

alexcorral