First service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just dropped of my LR at the dealership this morning. I couldn't have more pleased with the service advisor I was speaking with. I can't be for sure but I believe he might even be the service manager. He was polite and professional right from the start. He explained everything that they were going to look at and check. He answered all of my questions to my my satisfaction. It's sad that these days we get excited when people providing services of any kind actually do their jobs the right way.

Just wanted to post a quick story of a positive experience with a LR service dept.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just dropped of my LR at the dealership this morning. I couldn't have more pleased with the service advisor I was speaking with. I can't be for sure but I believe he might even be the service manager. He was polite and professional right from the start. He explained everything that they were going to look at and check. He answered all of my questions to my my satisfaction. It's sad that these days we get excited when people providing services of any kind actually do their jobs the right way.

Just wanted to post a quick story of a positive experience with a LR service dept.
Keep us posted, LRnewbie!

This is good to hear. I have also had very positive experiences with LR service departments. Did you a loaner?

-David

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like great service. I did get the quote and proposed service via email and did approve all that would be done before they started the work. I dropped it at 8:00 and picked it up at 12:00 (no loaner). When I get to the U.S. I look forward to buying a LR and getting that kind of service

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a BMW R1200GS and a SUZUKI RMZ250 for the track (which is the one I carry around with the truck).

I also chose the LR for the ability to tow my bike around. The pneumatic suspension make sit easy to load and download the bike :proud:

Cool man! You have a setup that I had in mind. :)
GS is a nice bike. I am thinking of switching to it. I have Yamaha FJR1300 now, love it. but most of people I ride with here have "off roaders" GS like bikes, so I can not keep up with them when they decide to jump off-road...

What is that bike carier you have – I am thinking off dirt bike too… ;)

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool man! You have a setup that I had in mind. :)
GS is a nice bike. I am thinking of switching to it. I have Yamaha FJR1300 now, love it. but most of people I ride with here have "off roaders" GS like bikes, so I can not keep up with them when they decide to jump off-road...

What is that bike carier you have – I am thinking off dirt bike too… ;)

Nothing beats the LR4 / Dirtbike combo for weekend fun :wink:

Get a GS. You will love that bike, on or off road. If you already ride dirt bikes you will handle the GS great off road (it still is a heavy pig compared to a thumper). I'd have liked to go with a KTM450 for enduro rides but here in Panama it's mostly motocross tracks i get to ride.

On the carrier, I got an Add-A-Bike ABT Dirt Bike Hitch Carrier from Trailer Hitch Helper. So far it has worked OK but I did drop the bike once from the carrier (my fault for not tying it down right).

IMG-20111106-00174.jpg

After that incident I set up some hooks to strap the bike down and backwards.

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
allignment and balancing for routine oil change?? That is really odd.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't get a loaner but I got a ride home from dealership. I only live about a half mile from dealership. Although I am going to ask about the loaner because the guy that drove me home asked me why I didn't opt for the loaner. I said I didn't know that was an option or at least it was not offered to me. He said that I was entitled to it. We'll see I'm not sure that the guy that drove me home is a part of the "decision makers" at the dealership if you know what I mean.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the service advisor I dealt with from this morning called and said my truck is done and all is well. He is having it delivered to me house. That's cool. Saves me a trip down there even if it is close (0.5 miles).

On a side note I know there has been fairly extensive conversation on here about brakes, pads, and rotors. FWIW mine are "still in the green" according to the service techs. They said I. Still in the 8-10 mm(?) range. Right now I'm at 7200 miles. Now I wouldn't expect to have any brake issues this early but considering the posts regarding this issue I thought it was worth mentioning.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you already ride dirt bikes you will handle the GS great off road (it still is a heavy pig compared to a thumper). I'd have liked to go with a KTM450 for enduro rides but here in Panama it's mostly motocross tracks i get to ride.

On the carrier, I got an Add-A-Bike ABT Dirt Bike Hitch Carrier from Trailer Hitch Helper. So far it has worked OK but I did drop the bike once from the carrier (my fault for not tying it down right).
After that incident I set up some hooks to strap the bike down and backwards.

Thanks for the info!
No, I did not have a chance to ride a dirtbike yet, but something tells me it will be fun! :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72