Front passenger axle threads stripped by axle nut...looking for advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is nothing particularly involving about replacing the front half shafts in this truck. There are a couple of videos on Youtube that show you how. A good one to follow is this guy doing it on an L322.

Lakeranger

Reaction score
I had major issues using after market axles. They wouldn't stay seated and kept popping out. The axles use a split ring to seat into a groove in differential and I found that the OEM is a beefier axle and their split rings mates to the differential without popping out. Of course your damaged axle, if OEM, can be difficult to now pop out during removal.

Marco Pizzolo

Reaction score
Thanks Lakeranger.

I took a break from laying on the cold concrete in the garage for a bit, but appreciate the insight. I'm certainly not unwilling to buy OEM in order to ensure that the job is only done once. In the video i watched it looked like they used a small pry bar to pop out the half shaft from the differential. Is that what you did as well, or did you find a better approach?

Thanks again,

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi