Front skid plate options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks clean.

Something I learned the hard way with my front skid is to always slather the bolts with anti-seize before installation. I had to remove mine last summer and wound up taking a grinder to almost all the bolt heads. Thankfully, the bolts that used the factory captured nuts came out, otherwise that would have been a pain.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Something I also learned is stainless steel bolts suck! They can seize up more frequently than standard zinc plated bolts. I actually like my zinc bolts, silver or yellow.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks clean.

Something I learned the hard way with my front skid is to always slather the bolts with anti-seize before installation. I had to remove mine last summer and wound up taking a grinder to almost all the bolt heads. Thankfully, the bolts that used the factory captured nuts came out, otherwise that would have been a pain.

Something I also learned is stainless steel bolts suck! They can seize up more frequently than standard zinc plated bolts. I actually like my zinc bolts, silver or yellow.
galvanic corrosion, yo. copper anti-seize for that.

LR4HD

Reaction score
I ordered front skid and air compressor skid from APT - agree that Ben is easy to work/communicate with. The APT skids are great. Ben raptor coated the front guard in black for me; it's awesome and looks great.

RobRover88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
APT Offroad produce excellent underbody plates that fit perfectly. Great company to deal with. Ben Woodgate has put very helpful fitting videos on YouTube that should be checked out by anyone intending to fit gear themselves. Especially look at the air compressor & air tank guards. APT's prices are sharp & right now the US/AUD exchange rate is brilliant for US residents. Ben can advise freight costs from Brisbane Australia.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates from APT? Website is down and google says they’re permanently closed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA