Front Suspension Leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aragno

Reaction score
After approx 2-3 hours of parking my LR3, the front suspension settles to virtually "access" height. This only occurs in the front. Since I would believe each corner to be independent of the other, is it safe to say I have some sort of leak closer to the compressor or possible sensor(s)?

I can park the car and hear a slight "hiss" but it is ever so soft and difficult to pin point as the vehicle is often "creaking", etc after being driven.

I tried leaving the vehicle in Off-road height but by the next morning it was all the way down on the front. Any suggestions of what to tell Land Rover to look at when it goes in? Anything I can check myself straight away?

Thanks!
-Trey

Geotrash

Reaction score
Dealer should be able to diagnose. A spray bottle full of soapy water usually finds leaks quickly. Best guess is a fitting or a pinhole in a bag.

Dave

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its most likely a faulty valve block. 1 corner loses air and the vehicle continues to try and self level all the way down.

aragno

Reaction score
Its most likely a faulty valve block. 1 corner loses air and the vehicle continues to try and self level all the way down.

Is this something I can check myself? Land rover in Dubai is slow to lookt cars- aka, I must rent a car for several days while they look.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think if you detach the battery cables just after turning off the LR3 the computer won't be able to self level. The corner with the leak will then be lower. I read about this method on another forum so don't hold me to it. But the theory makes sense. Would give you some valuable info to go to your dealers with.

aragno

Reaction score
I think if you detach the battery cables just after turning off the LR3 the computer won't be able to self level. The corner with the leak will then be lower. I read about this method on another forum so don't hold me to it. But the theory makes sense. Would give you some valuable info to go to your dealers with.

So, I have tried the above. I put the vehicle in Off-road height. I then switched it off, and disconnected the red battery lead. Immediately upon disconnecting the battery the car settled significantly but not perhaps to near standard height. It appears the passenger side significantly dropped compared to the driver side.

I will inform the dealer of this as I received the suspension fault warning twice yesterday (approx. 15-20 minutes into driving on the highway). Thanks for your help and if you can suggest anything I may look at myself prior taking car in, please let me know.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just tell them exactly what you did and the results. Also insist on telling this directly to the actual service person who will be working on your LR3.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoverRandall