getting a new LR4..help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think he's referring to LR's corporate policy of not allowing their dealers to sell vehicles out of state to prevent in-house competition. From what I understand, if dealerships do this too often, their vehicle allocations can be lowered.

I had an out-of-state dealer politely refer me back to my local dealership for this reason.
I just picked one in NY being VA resident. They were more than happy... :)

Go for the packages, but don't pay for shipping. Either wait for one locally, or go pick it up....

dougdep

Reaction score
picked up the brand new 2012 LR4 HSE LUX with vision assist. I got it from Monmouth Land Rover in NJ. (thumbs up for the salesman there Marco Lugo). The vehicle was shipped up from the Jacksonville dealership as it was the only one within 1,000 miles with vision assist in Fuji white with Almond interior. Dealer installed the side steps, mud flaps and short roof rack as well as the tow package and electronics. Couldnt be happier. The dealer tried to get us to buy the one on the lot but we wouldnt budge. They ended up being very negotiable with shipping and all of the after market accessories. They also gave me a fair price on my 2006 RR supercharged. Was sad to see the RR go but the new LR4 is really nice!

Last edited:

jamgolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations !
I am curious to hear your thought process and decision to go with an LR4 and giveup the RR?
Its normally the other way around - isn't it :)

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
Congratulations !
I am curious to hear your thought process and decision to go with an LR4 and giveup the RR?

2012 versus a 2006. Not much of a decision process there.

grizzld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations !

My guess is either third-row seats or off-roadability...

jamgolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is either third-row seats or off-roadability...

If you need a 3rd row (like my family does) then yeah its your only choice in the brand.
But off-road isn't RR better?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations !
I think a lot of RR folks have switched to the LR4 with its updates since the LR3 because of the 3rd row seating. The other day I talked to a guy with a new LR4 and he traded in his 2009 RR supercharged and loves the LR4. He told me the 3rd row seating was what he needed. Personally, I love the RR, and would go for it in a heart beat, but I absolutely need 3rd row seating. I would love to see more interior color options for the LR4 - similar to that of the RR and RR Sport. Brownish interior would be awesome!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you need a 3rd row (like my family does) then yeah its your only choice in the brand.
But off-road isn't RR better?
I am told the Discovery (ie, LR4) series is better off-road than the RR, but that's only by word of mouth.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations !

The LR4 has really closed the gap in luxury and performance Between the LR3 and the RR.
The lux version has most of the options that a fully loaded RR has plus the 3 rd row seating for $30k less!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LR4 has really closed the gap in luxury and performance Between the LR3 and the RR.
The lux version has most of the options that a fully loaded RR has plus the 3 rd row seating for $30k less!
Definitely!

I took a long hiatus from Land Rover because I did not like the LR3 and waited until the model change to LR4 to come back. I look forward to seeing what the "5" brings! :)

-David

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72