getting a new LR4..help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an LX 470 for 4 years, and an LX 570 for almost two years. Are they more reliable, yes. Are they perfect...of course not--they have their issues also. I switched to the LR4 simply because I liked it better. Lexus can get a bit boring to drive. I looked at the GX about 6 months ago from Lexus, and its also a fine truck. I don't think you can go wrong with either. For me, the LR4 is simply better looking, and more fun to drive. It has more capability--but doubtful that many would take full advantage of that difference. Interesting to note--I have received quite a few compliments on my LR4--but not once for my Lexus LX 570. Its personal preference. I would test drive both--and not around the block. Dealers I have dealt with always allow us to take it out for a couple hours by ourselves. That is when a lot of the characteristics come out. Thats my advice...drive both. Don't compare every characteristic of them on the computer. Just my two cents is all.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come on guys... the whole world "knows" Land Rover brand in general considered as not reliable... Here is how I look at it: I love Mercedes that is also considered as troubled brand. All my friends told me that I am crazy buying those. But I did not care - I just love those beasts. And as a result - I had 6 of them in 15 years period, different models. And I glad I did - enjoyed all of them! The issues I had with those - 1. Broken CD changer (fixed by warranty); 2. Broken seat heater switch (same warranty); 3. My son stepped on seat operation switch (****** me off the most - how Mercedes could be so unreliable!!! :) ) and 4. the gear switch broke down on my wife's ML at 60 K miles, 5 days before warranty expired.
So is it really bad? :) I choose to live with it to keep the smile on my face while driving...

One of friends of mine was complaining about either light switch, or key less go switch, don't remember... - that was a real issue very time-consuming to fix - SHE HAD TO READ THE F_N MANUAL!!! Isn't it ridicules! :) Another guy said that Mercedes is the worse car he ever had. I was trying for years to get out of him what was actually wrong with it... Finally he said that he had to take it to the shop every 6 month because of the head light bulb... He sold it in 3 years with 100+ K on it and still think it was a disaster vehicle... :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72