getting a new LR4..help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dougdep

Reaction score
in 2005 when i got the 2006 RR Supercharged I was single and the outlook the economy was much more positive. I loved the car and spending about $100k was no big deal. Fast forward 7 years and 70,000 miles, married now, just got a dog, it was time for something new. the lr4 is pretty luxurious and drives well (only put 200 miles on car so far). the interior capacity and 3rd row was a huge plus! $30,000 cheaper was a huge plus. Both have the same towing capacity so no compromise there. the new technology in the car is nice to have for sure. living in nyc i dont do a whole lot of off roading, mostly just on the beach. funny about the interior options, my wife loved the tan piping with navy blue leather seats on the RR and she wished the lr4 had that option. final reason was that i got $25k for the RR and i figured it was getting to the point where i would start have to put thousands in to it to maintain such as new tires, brakes, transmission eventually and such.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in 2005 when i got the 2006 RR Supercharged I was single and the outlook the economy was much more positive. I loved the car and spending about $100k was no big deal. Fast forward 7 years and 70,000 miles, married now, just got a dog, it was time for something new. the lr4 is pretty luxurious and drives well (only put 200 miles on car so far). the interior capacity and 3rd row was a huge plus! $30,000 cheaper was a huge plus. Both have the same towing capacity so no compromise there. the new technology in the car is nice to have for sure. living in nyc i dont do a whole lot of off roading, mostly just on the beach. funny about the interior options, my wife loved the tan piping with navy blue leather seats on the RR and she wished the lr4 had that option. final reason was that i got $25k for the RR and i figured it was getting to the point where i would start have to put thousands in to it to maintain such as new tires, brakes, transmission eventually and such.
I agree with your wife, it would be nice if the LR4 would have some of the interior color (seating, etc.) options of the RR and RR Sport. There are some cool color combinations. I love the brown!

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am told the Discovery (ie, LR4) series is better off-road than the RR, but that's only by word of mouth.
I probably need to drive RR, but so far I can not justify 100K price tag for it. From its appearance I like LR4 better, has more style in my opinion, and even if RR supposes to have more luxury inside, I like LR4’s interior batter somehow, simpler I would say. Also I like the LR4 space a lot - just purchased a huge toolbox from HD that was brought out on a fork lift – no problem… :) Bought preassembled BowFlex Ultimate – n/p either…Just love it. :)
And RR Sport I don’t get at all…
But again, that is all about personal preferences…

ChicagoSammo

Reaction score
I was chatting to my dealer last week and he mentioned that there will be a longer wheelbase Range Rover with 7 seats due to be released in 2013 but the only spy shots I can find on Google refer to a Range Rover Sport 7 seater.
I still prefer the all round ability and options that the LR4 gives and i'm counting down until we take delivery in April.

rainmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
picked up the brand new 2012 LR4 HSE LUX with vision assist. I got it from Monmouth Land Rover in NJ.

Same dealer I got mine from. They were great to deal with at the time of the sale, but I was curious to see how their service was.

I just had the truck there for service for the first time, and they were great. No issues at all.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at an RR long and hard before purchasing an LR4. I liked them both, but I simply could not justify a $30k difference. An RR, I guess, would scream "big money" to those in the know; RRS did not make much sense and was neither here nor there. The gap between an LR4 LUX and an RR/RRS these days is really narrow.

dougdep

Reaction score
Same dealer I got mine from. They were great to deal with at the time of the sale, but I was curious to see how their service was.

I just had the truck there for service for the first time, and they were great. No issues at all.

the dealership seemed really nice. i was able to walk back into the garage area when they were prepping my car. small and friendly. they also have saturday service now available. i have always had my service down in nyc at manhattan land rover and that place is huge! certainly dont feel like you are getting any special attention there. its nice at a smalller more family like place like monmouth.

DonnieLR4

Reaction score
i have a choice between one that is on the lot here by new york, LR4 HSE LUX in the exact color combo that i want (Fuji White/ Almond, Arabica) or having one shipped from florida to new york with the Vision Assist option, that is also Fuji White but with Almond, Nutmeg combo. I really want the Vision Assist package as I use the car as a tow vehicle and I also like the AFS and AHBA as i like that feature on my current range rover. is it really worth the cost ?? between paying ~$1,500 for the shipping and ~$1,200 for the vision assist option is it really worth the extra $3,000 or so. I am sure the dealer would offer more incentive too for selling one on his own lot vs one 1000 miles away. choice A or choice B???????

You're insane to buy a Land Rover. I don't mean to sound insulting, but their track record is horrendous. I bought one in December of 2010. Back to the dealer about 9 times for various electrical and mechanical problems. i am not alone. Read the posts everywhere on the net. Choose a different vehicle...............

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're insane to buy a Land Rover. I don't mean to sound insulting, but their track record is horrendous. I bought one in December of 2010. Back to the dealer about 9 times for various electrical and mechanical problems. i am not alone. Read the posts everywhere on the net. Choose a different vehicle...............

We got your point! Now go... sale it and enjoy f-n Toyota! ... Again, sorry, I am still drunk! :biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72