getting a new LR4..help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dougdep

Reaction score
i have a choice between one that is on the lot here by new york, LR4 HSE LUX in the exact color combo that i want (Fuji White/ Almond, Arabica) or having one shipped from florida to new york with the Vision Assist option, that is also Fuji White but with Almond, Nutmeg combo. I really want the Vision Assist package as I use the car as a tow vehicle and I also like the AFS and AHBA as i like that feature on my current range rover. is it really worth the cost ?? between paying ~$1,500 for the shipping and ~$1,200 for the vision assist option is it really worth the extra $3,000 or so. I am sure the dealer would offer more incentive too for selling one on his own lot vs one 1000 miles away. choice A or choice B???????

grizzld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion, and I think many on this forum will agree, that you should always go with the vehicle and options you had your mind set on in the beginning. Don't settle for a vehicle with different options just because the dealer convinces you otherwise -- you will regret it in the long run. $3,000 isn't that big of a difference on a $60,000 vehicle if that's what you really want.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion, and I think many on this forum will agree, that you should always go with the vehicle and options you had your mind set on in the beginning. Don't settle for a vehicle with different options just because the dealer convinces you otherwise -- you will regret it in the long run. $3,000 isn't that big of a difference on a $60,000 vehicle if that's what you really want.
I agree 100% with grizzld!!!

Don't compromise on what you want, it's not worth a couple thousand - considering the cost of the vehicle.

Go for the one in FL. You want the Vision Assist package.

Keep us posted!

-David

zchamber

Reaction score
Another option is to search nearby states yourself and as long as you have a residential address for mailing in that state (friend's home) you can circumvent LR dealer's AR behavior of selling in their own state...may save a few more hundred in just Admin charges as NJ is limited to $50? Monies you save will be used well for towing upgrade etc but agree with everybody else...don't compromise on features...aint worth it! Good luck...

dougdep

Reaction score
Another option is to search nearby states yourself and as long as you have a residential address for mailing in that state (friend's home) you can circumvent LR dealer's AR behavior of selling in their own state...may save a few more hundred in just Admin charges as NJ is limited to $50? Monies you save will be used well for towing upgrade etc but agree with everybody else...don't compromise on features...aint worth it! Good luck...

What is "AR behavior". The last RR i bought was in NY and i am a NY resident and there was never an issue with out of state sales.

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
I would get the one you can take out for a test drive first. Given that the vibrating steering wheel seems to be a relatively common and serious flaw, I would want to make sure that the car I am about to plunk a serious amount of dough on doesn't have it. Never buy a Land Rover sight unseen.

grizzld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is "AR behavior". The last RR i bought was in NY and i am a NY resident and there was never an issue with out of state sales.

I think he's referring to LR's corporate policy of not allowing their dealers to sell vehicles out of state to prevent in-house competition. From what I understand, if dealerships do this too often, their vehicle allocations can be lowered.

I had an out-of-state dealer politely refer me back to my local dealership for this reason.

Last edited:

ChicagoSammo

Reaction score
Despite the fact that I am going to compromise by not having the vision assist package I would agree with everyone else, if it's important to you then you should have the spec that you really want.
Worse case scenario your local dealer can order one for you and it'll be with you in 2.5 - 3 months.
That way you don't need to pay for the transport costs to get the options that you want but not quite the interior trim colour combination.

zchamber

Reaction score
I think he's referring to LR's corporate policy of not allowing their dealers to sell vehicles out of state to prevent in-house competition. From what I understand, if dealerships do this too often, their vehicle allocations can be lowered.

I had an out-of-state dealer politely refer me back to my local dealership for this reason.
Precisely...(AR...just dont want to use the real words but is an** retentive), As long as you state you are moving and have a residential address, you can pick up the vehicle but have to have the address. NY resident in NY is obviously no issues dougdep. I was able to expand to 200 mile radius and almost got every option with color choices to spare everywhere but not where I live!!! have friends everywhere so address is no issues and travel a lot anyway. When was in GB/EU, waiting was normal but here cant wait...instant gratification is norm:))

zchamber

Reaction score
Precisely...(AR...just dont want to use the real words but is an** retentive), As long as you state you are moving and have a residential address, you can pick up the vehicle but have to have the address. NY resident in NY is obviously no issues dougdep. I was able to expand to 200 mile radius and almost got every option with color choices to spare everywhere but not where I live!!! have friends everywhere so address is no issues and travel a lot anyway. When was in GB/EU, waiting was normal but here cant wait...instant gratification is norm:))

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72