Global Close

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

conleysa

Reaction score
The quick start guide for the LR4 talks about a global open (unlocks and rolls down windows) and a global close (locks and closes all windows) which is operated by holding the appropriate remote button (lock or unlock) for two seconds. Interestingly, the global open works fine, all four windows roll down and the doors unlock. The global close doesn't appear to work - the doors lock but the windows don't go up. Anyone know anything about that? Tried the procedure on a different LR4 at the dealer and it didn't work there either.

Steve

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the global close feature is disabled in North America, surely because of potential safety / liability concerns. It works fine on Disco4s abroad. Not sure why they would include it in the NA quick start guide, probably an oversight.

PS: Does your TFT display (the screen between speedo/rpm gages in the instrument cluster) indicate your current speed in the lower right corner? According to all the manuals I have seen for both 2010 LR4 and RRS it should, but apparently that's another bit of technology missing from North American cars only. :stupid:

Last edited:

joshboi99

Reaction score
my 2010 LR4 (U.S. Spec) does not display the current speed on the TFT display. I am sure this is another "Legal issue"

di_s_henry

Reaction score
I found that the global open unlocks rolls down all my windows from the remote; however the global close only works from pushing in the door button & holding it - but then it didn't close the front windows, only the rear windows...

Does it close all windows for anyone else? :albertein

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My global close doesn't work either. Only the open works on my 2010 LR4.

I have seen the speed indicated on the TFT display only when the cruise control is engaged, and then it is only some of the time. Normally I can go up or down 1 mph and it will display the speed every time.

Rob

di_s_henry

Reaction score
My global close doesn't work either. Only the open works on my 2010 LR4.

I have seen the speed indicated on the TFT display only when the cruise control is engaged, and then it is only some of the time. Normally I can go up or down 1 mph and it will display the speed every time.

Rob

Did you try from the door button? (the outside one you use to lock vehicle w/out using remote)

Nichibry

Reaction score
Ok, here is the answer. you can global open by holding down the unlock for about 2 sec and you can global close by holding in the button on the door handle for about the same time. if all your windows don't close it is becouse the one click / auto close for that window is broken and you need to take it to the dealer.

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 2010 LR4 (U.S. Spec) does not display the current speed on the TFT display. I am sure this is another "Legal issue"

What's strange is that the instant digital speed will show if you change the units to km/h. I can't think of a good reason why this feature was disabled for mph. I tried contacting my dealer and LR US to get this enabled, but got nowhere.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM