Got bad news, tell me it's not so!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcaese

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow looks like a lot of work, dont think I am going to go through with it.

However I may need to get behind the center console to run the aftermarket fog light switch there, there is an empty space on the left side of the center console, under the climate position controls, just trying to figure out how to get at that. I want to run the fog light by themsevles becasue I dont want to mess with any of those wires.

I had a Range Rover and installed an aftermarket stereo and tapped into some of the wires and the thing just went crazy! big mistake! I aslo want them to look like the OEM fog lights cause the ones I have are exactly the same size.

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One step closer to the fog lights...Thanks to Davez26...he's awesome...a class act!

I will post a tutorial of the project once I get the parts!

bcaese

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great! maybe Davez26 can can post some pics of a vehicle that he installed the after maket fogs!

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not much to see.

Here @ the store we've upgraded non-fog light cars to fog light cars utilizing the factory parts.
We've done some here, and I've sold the components when asked.
I'm tinkering with marketing a kit for ebay with all the parts and instructions for bumper and switch R & R. Not sure how I want to word the instructions for cutting the holes in bumper. c3c has been cool to deal with, maybe I can reference his tutorial?
Currently I'm working with about $395 for the lamps, bezels, clips, harness, switch and carriage.
Again, no real picture, because it's a factory part retrofit. You shouldn't be able to tell the difference.

bcaese

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice job:wink:

I have a pair of fog lights but they are not the OEM ones. I think they are the same diameter? What is the diameter of the OEM fog lights??

I think I can tackle this one myself cause I had to remove the bumber when I installed an after market mesh grill. I think I need the mold fittings that the lights sit in.

Parts
light fourniture right: DXB500041PCL*
light fourniture left: DXB500051PCL*

Let me know if I have the right part numbers:confused: Also, if I have to get these OEM moldings, how much do they cost?

Or maybe I can use an after market molding? Has anyone used one that looked good? Davez26? Or use my fogs in the OEM moldings?:confused:

c3c did you tap in to the existing rear fogs to make it work with the OEM switch? how did you tie it in?

I may use a switch that came with my pair of fog lights but is it easy to fish the wires through the firewall through the dash??

Davez26, you have done this before, how did you run the wires to the front?

Please let me know guys.

bcaese

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a quote from the dealer regarding the plastic molding $13 a pop.

what do you need the clips for? still hoping to use my after market fogs with the plastic molding.

c3c? Davez26?

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't need the clips, they come with the molding....

What is the diameter of the OEM fog lights?? Around 3.5", the whole that I cut was around 5.5", but you may want to check your light to be precise.

maybe I can use an after market molding? I have not seen any as of yet.

c3c did you tap in to the existing rear fogs to make it work with the OEM switch? how did you tie it in? I replaced my switch with the OEM switch which accounts for the front and rear foglights. I did not have to tap into anything because the wire harness was a plug and play option.

I hope I answered your questions...good luck with your project! I have seen an LR3 with after market foglights installed where the OEM factory lights should go. It looked alright but they did not use the plastic rings, so it did not flow like the OEM. just my opinion.

bcaese

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, how much was the fog lights? I guess I can call the dealer.
So, right now I have an empty harness ready to receive a plug which will make the fogs work witht the switch?
This means I would have to get all OEM parts.
If I go with my aftermarket fogs with the plastic molding I will have to try run the wire through the dash, do you know how to do that?

Baylink

Reaction score
I *have* heard, FWIW, that if your car wasn't factory provisioned with the fog lights, then you may have to have someone poke the BCU to enable the necessary control circuit; I don't know if that applies to your model or not -- I *think* it was a DII posting I read it in.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM